Asia Pacific Poker Tour - FAQs
- What is the Asia Pacific Poker Tour?
- The PokerStars.net Asia Pacific Poker Tour (APPT) is a series of major poker tournaments conducted throughout the Asia Pacific region. Season 6 of the APPT starts in Queenstown, July 24-29 2012. APPT events take place in some of the most luxurious casinos in the region.
- When and where are the APPT Season 6 events taking place?
- See the Schedule main page.
The APPT reserves the right to cancel or alter details of listed events at its discretion.
- What is the structure for Asia Pacific Poker Tour events?
- Most APPT events are four-day tournaments, with a varying number of Day 1's. Most events will incorporate a 20,000 start bank and 60 minute blind levels. The structure for the APPT Queenstown event will incorporate a 30,000 start bank. Full structure and event schedules once released can be found by clicking the "TOURNAMENTS" tab above and selecting the venue of your choice.
- What poker game will be played in the APPT main events?
- The main events will all be No Limit Hold'em. Side events, Sit & Go tournaments or cash games may feature other poker games such as Omaha.
- Is there an agreement I need to sign to appear in an APPT event?
- A condition of entry into any tournament on the APPT will be the completion and signing of a TV release form.
- Can I play even if I don't sign the agreement?
- No. The release form is a requirement for participation in any APPT event.
- How old do I have to be to participate?
- Macau – 18+ (local players 21+) | Melbourne - 18+ | Auckland -20+ | Philippines – 21+ | Seoul – 19+*
*IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT APPT SEOUL: Korean nationals are prohibited from playing at APPT Seoul. The host venue for the APPT Seoul event, Paradise Walker Hill Casino, prohibits Korean nationals from playing any and all of their games. This prohibition is a condition of their gaming license as granted and regulated by the South Korean government. The only exceptions to this rule are some Korean nationals who are landed permanent residents of other countries (with proof of this current non-Korean residency status in their passports). The APPT is not responsible for making these exceptions; players who want more information on this are encouraged to call the Paradise Walker Hill Casino by on +82.2.450.4826 at least 3 weeks before the event to see if they qualify for an exemption.
- Is my food included in the price of the trip?
- No. But many casinos offer free buffet services for players (not their guests) on the day(s) they are playing.
- Do I need a passport to attend an APPT event?
- Yes. All players travelling abroad will need a passport.
Philippines: Citizens of 145 countries can enter the Philippines without a visa for visits of up to 21 days. Visit the official government site for details. Please also consult your travel agent.
Macau: Residents of many countries, including the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, Australia, and many European and Asian countries do not require a visa for visits of less than 20 days. Check the official government before travelling.
New Zealand: People from most countries are not required to have a Visa to enter New Zealand; however there are some that may. Visit their official visa requirements page for further information.
Australia: Citizens of most countries require a visa to enter Australia. See the official government site for visa options, or consult your travel agent.
- What clothes should I bring?
- Most of the APPT host casinos have a "smart casual" dress code (eg no sneakers, no vests, no shorts, and no ripped jeans). Please see specific event pages for full details. Make sure you bring appropriate clothing for the local climate!
- What is the currency in the countries where APPT events are being held?
- Please see event-specific pages for details. For up-to-the-minute exchange rates, please click http://www.xe.com/.
- Will I need special identification to enter the casinos?
- Yes. Please bring your passport when entering any Casino.
- What logos am I allowed to wear?
- The Asia Pacific Poker Tour has strict rules on the wearing of branded logos by players at APPT events. Please click Rules and Regulations to read more,
- How much does it cost to enter?
- We encourage you to win your entry by playing in one of the qualifying satellite tournaments on PokerStars. Satellite buy-ins start from as little as $2.20. There will also be a freeroll for each event. Click on your PokerStars tournament lobby, then click on "Events" and "APPT" for satellites to the events. If you fail to qualify and would still like to play in an APPT event, you may buy directly into a tournament.
- Can I buy into an APPT tournament using T$?
- Yes. Players may buy in to APPT events using T$ providing they have PlatinumStar or Supernova VIP status on PokerStars. This service depends on availability. Requests for T$ direct buy-ins must be submitted to email@example.com and requests need to be received before the final online qualifying tournament on PokerStars and whilst PokerStars still has seats to sell. To avoid disappointment, please notify the APPT as soon as possible if you want to buy-in directly. Players may buy seat-only packages at the going exchange rate on the day of registration, or they may also buy APPT accommodation packages - depending on availability.
All T$ buy-ins to APPT events will be PokerStars sponsored players for that APPT event, and they are required to wear PokerStars logo gear for the duration of the tournament.
- Can I buy into an APPT satellite on PokerStars, or directly into an APPT event, using T$?
- You CAN buy into an APPT satellite using T$. You CANNOT buy in directly to an APPT event using T$.
- Can I sell my seat if I win?
- No. You must play the first seat you win. If you are fortunate enough to win additional seats, your PokerStars account will be credited with T$ for the price of the tournament seat, and the spending allowance will be credited in cash.
- I won! What do I do now?
- You will receive an email from the APPT describing the basics of the package and telling you what to do next.
- My package included spending money. What's that for?
- The spending money (which has been credited to your PokerStars account) is to help pay for airfare and other travel expenses. All APPT satellites include hotel accommodation as part of the winner's package. You will need to make your own travel arrangements, and we encourage you to do this early as prices increase significantly if you don't book in advance.
- Will I have access to my PokerStars account to get cash while I'm attending an APPT event?
- No. Please bring all the cash you need for incidentals and side play.
Back to Asia Pacific Poker Tour main page