POKERSTARS TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR APPT QUALIFICATION
The following are the terms and conditions for the Asia Pacific Poker Tour ("Tour"), which consist of a series of tournaments run in a variety of locations, each containing a “Main Event” and numerous “Side Events” (respectively, and collectively an "Event") and which are organised by Global Poker Tours Limited (‘’GPTL’’).
These terms and conditions relate to all online activities and promotions as organized by the operator ("PokerStars") of the Internet sites found at www.pokerstars.com (the "Site") and of the PokerStars GUI software (the “Client”). Your participation in any of these activities (as defined below) and/or a Tournament shall be deemed to be your complete acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
You may participate in any Event by:
- Winning a cash satellite tournament on the Site;
- Winning a Frequent Player Point (FPP) satellite tournament on the Site (each of the above satellite tournaments being referred to as "Satellites");
- Winning the Tournament Leader Board playoff on the Site;
- Buying a seat or package (seat+hotel or seat+hotel+expenses) with cash from your PokerStars account into any of the tournaments forming part of the APPT Event schedule;
- Buying a seat or package (seat+hotel or seat+hotel+expenses) with Frequent Player Points or T-Money into any of the tournaments forming part of the APPT Event schedule, provided you are a VIP PlatinumStar player or higher;
- Receiving a seat as a VIP guest or qualifier;
- Winning a promotional tournament or freeroll;
By gaining entrance into any Event of the Tour via any of the above you will be referenced here forth as “Player”.
- You acknowledge that the organiser of the Tour, GPTL, may make additions or alterations to the schedule.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or over the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction (whichever is greater) to play in a Satellite. You may be asked at any stage to provide PokerStars or a third party with proof of age and/or identity (passport or valid picture ID). Any player unable to produce such proof of age will be disqualified from the Satellite and excluded from the Site.
- By participating in a Satellite or in any Event, you grant PokerStars the right to use your name and likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. You further agree to help promote PokerStars and act as a PokerStars spokesperson during and after the Event, including but not limited to, meeting with press and participating in other events conducted by PokerStars.
- We reserve the right to request that any qualifier or player, who has qualified or bought into the Event on the Site and reaches the final table of the Event, wear PokerStars logo clothing at the final table. You hereby agree to do so.
- All players who qualify through non-cash Satellites on the Site (including Frequent Player Point satellite tournaments and Tournament Leader Board) or that have bought in with T-Money, FPPs or with money via the PokerStars Client:
- into a Main Event - are required to wear PokerStars branded clothing exclusively throughout the Main Event; or
- into a Side Event - are required to wear the PokerStars logo or branded clothing exclusively throughout the Side Event if GPTL informs such player that it wishes the player to do so and provides the player with the logo or branded clothing as the case may be.
- As the various PokerStars Sites are located in different jurisdictions they must abide by different regulations and will have different rules in terms of buy-ins to live events via the player’s PokerStars accounts. For more information as to what is permissible for each PokerStars Client account please contact email@example.com.
- It is hereby clarified that any player who is sponsored on a full-time basis by a legitimate third party online gaming site (“Sponsored Player”) and buys in to an Event using his/her PokerStars account will not be required to wear PokerStars branded clothing and can wear their sponsor’s logo for either the Main Event or Side Event, subject to the Sponsored Player providing prior written confirmation thereof. However, should the Sponsored Player qualify on the Site for the Main Event or Side Event such Sponsored Player will not be permitted to wear their sponsor’s logo during any Event. Further, a Sponsored Player will not be referred to as a PokerStars player in any media list. It is hereby noted that such players still have to abide by the Event rules & regulations, which include branding restrictions and compliance with the local regulations of the Event’s jurisdiction. You acknowledge and agree that GPTL requires all players in the Events to sign a waiver form prior to collecting the Main Event seat ticket. A copy of the waiver form can be obtained for review by a player by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The first prize package you win for an Event, whether through a Satellite or in any other way on the Site, is non-transferable and non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for money or money’s worth. If you win, you must play or forfeit the package. If you win additional prize packages, they may not be sold or transferred and your PokerStars account will be credited with both T-Money equal to the value of the entry/accommodation package plus the nominated spending/travel cash for the Event, if such spending/travel cash was included in the prize package. Notwithstanding, should you win an additional prize package with a higher total value than your first prize package then you must play or forfeit such additional higher total value prize package and the lower value prize package shall be credited to your PokerStars account as per the conditions set out above.
- A player who has bought a hotel package for an Event via PokerStars with cash from his/her PokerStars account will not be able to cancel the package once it is bought and paid for. The hotel package is non-refundable, but players can be refunded the price of their seat.
- A player who has bought a hotel package for an Event via PokerStars with cash from his/her PokerStars account will not be able to cancel the package once it is bought and paid for. The hotel package is non-refundable.
- If a player that bought in or qualified for an Event through PokerStars shows up at an Event after the registration has already closed and requests to play, the player’s stack value will be determined solely by the Tournament Director.
- The organizers of the event reserved the right to impose a limit on the payout options, depending on what is viable to offer at the time of the event.
- If you win a preliminary Satellite that awards the winner a seat into a subsequent Satellite (rather than an Event itself), you may unregister from the subsequent Satellite and you will receive into your account on the Site T-Money equal to the buy-in of that Satellite. You may use such T-Money to enter into a direct Satellite for an Event.
- If you have qualified and/or registered for the Event via the Site you will be given a ticket so that you may register yourself to day 1A/1B. In order to register go to the PokerStars game lobby, and click on ‘Events’, ‘APPT’, ‘Qualifiers’. The day 1A/1B tournaments have limited availability so do register as soon as you can. Once a start day sell outs you can only register for the other start day. The option to register will close the last week before the Event and players will be automatically assigned a start day.
- Step tickets are only valid within the Step system and they are non-transferable and non-refundable. Players must play the first seat they win to a land based event via the Step System.
- If Online Direct Buy-In into an Event is not available, PlatinumStar or above VIP players may directly purchase a seat into an Event with money from their PokerStars account, T-Money or FPPs, subject to availability. For more details, go to www.pokerstars.com/appt/faq/.
- When playing in a Satellite you affirm that the name, email address, postal address, and phone number(s) associated with your PokerStars account are accurate, and agree that the person whose name appears on any PokerStars account who wins a package will be deemed to be the person who played and won the Satellite, and that person must attend and play in the Event.
- Any attempt by a player to alter or duplicate their PokerStars account to become eligible for a Satellite will result in forfeiture of any prize won and may result in the closure of such player's PokerStars account.
- In the case of disputes in regards to the participation rights, and all matters relating to the awarding of the prizes and or the terms and conditions of the Satellite, the final decision lies with the PokerStars management, is binding and shall not be subject to review or appeal by an entrant or any third party.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever any winning entrant does not take an element of a prize at a time stipulated by PokerStars, then such winning entrant shall be deemed to have forfeited his/her claim to such prize and PokerStars shall not have any obligation to compensate the winning entrant in any way whatsoever.
- By entering into a Satellite each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless PokerStars, their legal representatives, their affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from any damages whatsoever, including any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the acceptance of any prizes.
- PokerStars reserves the right, at any time, to alter these terms and conditions at is sole discretion, including to cancel, modify or suspend a Satellite if, at its sole discretion, PokerStars believes that the Satellite is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- All players participating in a Satellite must abide by all PokerStars terms of service requirements as listed at www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/tos/, and by PokerStars general tournament terms and conditions listed at www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/rules/.
- These terms and conditions and matters relating hereto shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Isle of Man law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Isle of Man courts.
If you have any comments or queries, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Back to APPT main page.