PokerStars Caribbean Adventure - FAQ
The PokerStars Caribbean Adventure is one of the biggest live poker events in the world, so there’s a lot going on. Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions and Answers that are designed to help you get the best out of your stay in The Bahamas. If you still have a query that is not dealt with below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure?
- The PokerStars Caribbean Adventure (PCA) is a live festival of poker that takes place every year in the Bahamas. The 2013 PCA will be held at the Atlantis Resort and Casino January 5-14, 2013. The Main Event will take place January 7-13.
- Is there an agreement I need to sign to play in any of the PCA events?
- What is PSLive?
- PokerStars Live is the new registration system of the European Poker Tour and PCA. You only need to sign-up ONCE and you will receive your lifelong PSLive card. This card gives you the added benefits of:
- Faster live event registration
- Less queuing
- Fewer identification steps when buying into an event
- All your tournament buy-ins recorded
- All event results stored in real time and published online
- Can I play even if I don't want to register with PSLive?
- No. The registration process is compulsory for participation in any of the tournaments.
- How old do I have to be to participate?
- You must be 18 years of age or above to participate in PCA events. No persons under the age of 18 are allowed to enter the tournament area throughout the duration of the event.
- How much does it cost to play at the events?
- The events have a variety of buy-ins. Please check the PCA Schedule for full details.
- How much does it cost to play the Main Event?
- We encourage you to win your entry by playing in one of our satellites. Satellite buy-ins start at $1.10; there will also be satellites where you may use your Frequent Player Points to buy in. To play in any of our satellites please go to our client and check under the ‘Events’ > ‘PCA’ > ‘Satellite’ tab. If you do not have a PokerStars account please go to www.pokerstars.com and download the software for free.
If you fail to qualify and would still like to play in the event, you may buy directly into the tournament for $10,000 + $300.
- How do players qualify on PokerStars for the Main Event?
- You may qualify for the PCA either by:
Alternatively you can buy directly into the event for $10,000 + $300 - please see the options below.
- Winning one of our cash satellites.
- Winning one of our Frequent Player Point events
- Can I purchase a Main Event package?
- Yes, there are five ways in which you can purchase a package:
From your PokerStars Account using real money
We are allowing players to buy in directly to the 2013 PCA for a Seat only, Seat & Hotel or Seat, Hotel & Room Folio package by using funds directly from their PokerStars.com and/or PokerStars.eu accounts. Online Registration will be open nearer to the event, and will be listed under the following tabs: Events > PCA > Qualifiers:
- 2013 PCA: Day 1A Direct Buy-Ins [seat only] - to purchase the $10,300 Main Event Entry only for Day 1A
- 2013 PCA: Day 1B Direct Buy-Ins [seat only] - to purchase the $10,300 Main Event Entry only for Day 1B
- Registration for PCA 2013 Hotel Packages (listed below) are available in the same lobby described above.
Registration for PCA 2013 Hotel Packages (listed below) are available in the same lobby described above.
- 2013 PCA: Direct Buy-In (Hotel Only) - to purchase the $3,494 9-night Hotel package.
- 2013 PCA: Direct Buy-In (Hotel and Room Folio) - to purchase the $4,619 9-night Hotel and Room Folio package (including $1,125 credit to spend at the resort).
- Registration for PCA 2013 Hotel Packages (listed below) are available in the same lobby described above.
NOTE: To unregister you will need to email email@example.com at least 3 hours before the event begins, or visit the onsite registrations desk after this time. If you purchase both Seat and Hotel packages using your account, you will be able to unregister and receive a full refund up until 3 weeks before the event. After this stage, the Hotel portion of the package is non-refundable.
Players who register using PokerStars account funds will be considered PokerStars players and we reserve the right to require them to wear a PokerStars logo during the event. Players will also be subject to onsite cash payout restrictions (specified upon event registration). Any winning amount above the Cash Maximum payout will be deposited to the PokerStars account used to buy in.
PokerStars buy-in via the client, using funds from your account, is open to PokerStars account holders (excluding .ES, .IT and .FR). For more information on how to register if you have a .ES, .FR or a .IT account email firstname.lastname@example.org."
With PokerStars FPPs
If you have reached the Supernova level of the PokerStars VIP Club. For more details please contact email@example.com. Please remember, if you use your FPPs to buy into this event, you will be required to wear PokerStars clothing while you play.
You can buy in directly at Atlantis with $10,300 in cash.
For more details on buying in using a wire transfer please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are there are any specific rules for buying directly from my PokerStars account?
- Yes, there are. Everyone buying directly from their PokerStars account needs to adhere to the following rules:
- Once you have registered for the Main or Side Events using your account, you can only unregister by emailing email@example.com up until 3 hours prior to the start of the event. After this stage you should visit the onsite registrations desk to unregister in person.
- Any player buying a PCA Seat, Hotel or PCA Seat + Hotel + Room Folio package and wishing to unregister, will be allowed to receive a full refund up to three weeks before the start of the event. After that time, your buy-in can still be refunded, but the hotel is non-refundable (unless the room can re-sold by Atlantis). Players buying in directly through their PokerStars account are still subject to the PCA Terms & Conditions
- Players buying directly through their PokerStars account are considered PokerStars players and may be required to wear a PokerStars logo throughout the tournament.
- Any winnings will be paid directly to players’ PokerStars accounts with a maximum cash payout rule of $10,000 being allowed to be taken in cash.
- Is it possible to withdraw funds from my PokerStars account during the PCA?
- If you have a PokerStars.com or PokerStars.eu account – Yes. You will be able to withdraw funds at the PokerStars bank, There is a maximum withdrawal limit of $10,000 for the entire duration of the event.
Any account which is not PokerStars.eu or PokerStars.com cannot withdraw funds during the PCA.
- Is it possible to deposit money onto my PokerStars account during the PCA?
- If you have a PokerStars.com or PokerStars.eu account – Yes. You will be able to deposit funds using the PokerStars Bank. There is no limit on the amount you can deposit.
Any account which is not PokerStars.eu or PokerStars.com cannot deposit funds during the PCA.
- What other tournaments will there be during the PCA?
- There will be a large variety of side events running at the PCA. See the PCA Schedule page to find out more, with the full schedule set to be announced soon.
- How can I buy into the PCA side tournaments?
- From your PokerStars Account
- Side event registration through your PokerStars account will open later in the year once the full schedule is announced.
- On Site
Registration will be open every day for all the MTT side tournaments. Sit & Go’s and cash games will also be available
- Can I purchase a package by wiring funds?
- Yes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions
- Can I win an entry into the Main Event once I'm in The Bahamas?
- Yes. There will be super-satellites available on-site. See the PCA Schedule page to find out more.
- What if I don't manage to win a seat in the super-satellites?
- You can still purchase an entry directly before the start of the event subject to availability.
- Will there be more than one starting "flight" at the Main Event?
- Yes. We will have two starting flights on the first two days of the tournament, Day 1A Monday, January 7 and Day 1B Tuesday, January 8.
- Can I choose my Main Event starting flight day?
- Yes, If you have qualified or bought-in, you can pick your start day by registering for Day 1A or Day 1B dummy tournament on the PokerStars client. Just go to Events > PCA > Qualifiers. Players not picking a start day or qualifying in the week prior to the event will be assigned a start day by the organizers. If you buy in with cash in advance simply advise registrations of your chosen start day.
- What day does the Main Event actually start?
- The Day 1A, first flight, will be on Monday, January 7.
- Will there be a Party? Can I bring a guest?
- Yes. There will be a Party and all players are allowed to bring one guest. PokerStars Supernova Elites will be allowed to bring two guests
- What is the blind structure and prize structure for the Main Event?
- Take a look at the Main Event blind structure page.
- Can I buy in into the second flight after the first day starts?
- Yes, if the event hasn’t sold out. You may buy in directly until cards are in the air on the day of the second flight.
- Will there be other poker games and tournaments I can play while in The Bahamas?
- Yes. There will be cash games of various limits and a selection of other tournaments you can play. Take a look at the PCA schedule for more.
- Is smoking allowed at the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure?
- Smoking is not permitted inside the tournament area as per Atlantis policy. All games and tournaments are strictly non-smoking.
- Do I need a passport to get to the Bahamas?
- Yes. All travellers, travelling to and from The Bahamas, need to have a passport or other accepted document that establishes the bearer’s identity and nationality. Make sure you start working to get your passport now should you require one; it can take a long time to get your passport. It is your responsibility to have proper documentation. We have provided links to some passport services below. If your country is not listed, simply Google the word "passport" and the name of your country to find your local passport service.
• United Kingdom passport information
• Canada passport information
- Where can I find out more details about the Atlantis resort?
- You can learn more about Atlantis at www.atlantis.com.
- How will I get paid if I win the tournament?
- We will allow you to take a portion in cash. The rest can be deposited into your PokerStars account or wired directly to your bank account. Players will be subjected to a Maximum Cash Payout Rule.
It is also very important to note that you are not allowed to carry more than $10,000 through Customs without declaring it. Bahamas Customs are known to be very strict with regards to this rule.
- Will taxes be withheld from my winnings?
- No. You are responsible for your own tax affairs in your local jurisdiction, please ensure you are aware of such obligations in relation to your winnings.
- Will money be withheld from the prize pool?
- Yes, 3% of the majority of prize pools will be reserved for dealers and tournament staff. You are more than welcome to contribute any additional amount you like from your winnings.
- What logos am I allowed to wear?
- The PCA has strict rules on the wearing of branded logos by players during PCA. Please check the Rules and Regulations page.
- Will I appear on television?
- Some PCA events are televised, including a featured 'show' table. The PCA TV show is produced by Halfords Media UK Ltd, Tours Productions and is broadcast on terrestrial and TV channels across the world. All PCA contestants are obliged to sign a TV waiver form before play commences. Any player who does not sign the TV waiver will not be allowed to participate in the tournament.
- How do I book accommodation?
- To book accommodation at the Atlantis please emails email@example.com. For all other hotels please contact the hotel directly.
Back to PokerStars Caribbean Adventure main page