The following are the terms and conditions for the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure event ("Event"), as organized by the operator ("PokerStars") of the Internet site found at www.pokerstars.com, www.pokerstars.fr, www.pokerstars.it, www.pokerstars.es, www.pokerstars.be, http://www.pokerstars.dk, www.pokerstars.ee and http://www.pokerstars.eu (the "Site") and of the PokerStars GUI software (the “Client”). Your participation in a Satellite (as defined below) and/or a Tournament shall be deemed to be your complete acceptance of the terms and conditions herein. You may qualify for the Events by:
- Winning a cash satellite tournament on the Site
- Winning a Frequent Player Point (FPP) satellite tournament on the Site (each of the above satellite tournaments being referred to as "Satellites")
- Winning the Tournament Leader Board playoff on the Site
- Buying a seat in the Main Event of the Event
- Buying a seat with Frequent Player Points, provided you are a VIP Supernova
- Buying a seat with T-Money, provided you are a PlatinumStar VIP or higher
- Receiving a seat as a VIP guest or qualifier
- Winning a promotional tournament or freeroll
- Buying a Package for the Main Event (seat only or seat+hotel) or a Seat for any Event’s side tournaments
A winning entrant of a Satellite may receive as a prize a seat into the event or side events (a "Main Event” or a “Side Event", respectively, and collectively an "Event").
- You acknowledge that the organiser of the Event may make additions or alterations to the schedule.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or over the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction (whichever is greater) to play in a Satellite. You may be asked at any stage to provide PokerStars or a third party with proof of age and/or identity (passport or valid picture ID). Any player unable to produce such proof of age will be disqualified from the Satellite and excluded from the Site.
- By participating in a Satellite or in any Event, you grant PokerStars the right to use your name and likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. You further agree to help promote PokerStars and act as a PokerStars spokesperson during and after the Event, including but not limited to, meeting with press and participating in other events conducted by PokerStars.
- If you have qualified for the Event on the Site via a cash Satellite and reach the final table of the Event, you are required by PokerStars to wear PokerStars logo clothing at the final table. You hereby agree to do so.
- All players who qualify through non-cash Satellites on the Site (including Frequent Player Point satellite tournaments, Tournament Leader Board) or that have bought in with T-Money, FPPs or via the PokerStars client:
- into a Main Event - are required to wear PokerStars branded clothing exclusively throughout the Main Event; or
- into a Side Event - are required to wear the PokerStars logo or branded clothing exclusively throughout the Side Event if PCA informs such player that it wishes the player to do so and provides the player with the logo or branded clothing as the case may be
- It is hereby clarified that any player who is sponsored on a full-time basis by a legitimate third party online gaming site (“Sponsored Player”) and buys in to an Event using real money online at PokerStars will not be required to wear PokerStars branded clothing and can wear their sponsor’s logo for either the Main Event or Side Event, subject to the Sponsored Player providing prior written confirmation thereof. However, should the Sponsored Player qualify on the Site for the Main Event or Side Event such Sponsored Player will not be permitted to wear their sponsor’s logo during any Event. Further, a Sponsored Player will not be referred to as a PokerStars player in any media list. It is hereby noted that such players still have to abide by the Event rules & regulations, which include branding restrictions and compliance with the local regulations of the Event’s jurisdiction. You acknowledge and agree that PCA requires all players in the Events to sign a waiver form prior to the beginning of each Event. A copy of the waiver form can be obtained for review by a player before the Event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The first prize package you win for an Event, whether through a Satellite or in any other way on the Site, is non-transferable and non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for money or money’s worth. If you win, you must play or forfeit the package. If you win additional prize packages, they may not be sold or transferred and your PokerStars account will be credited with both T-Money equal to the value of the entry/accommodation package plus the nominated spending/travel cash for the Event. Notwithstanding, should you win an additional prize package with a higher total value than your first prize package then you must play or forfeit such additional higher total value prize package and the lower value prize package shall be credited to your PokerStars account as per the conditions set out above.
- A player who has bought a seat to an Event via the PokerStars lobby with cash from his/her PokerStars account will be able to unregister from the Event up to 3 hours prior to the commencement of the Event in question by emailing email@example.com and the buy-in will be credited back to the player’s PokerStars account. In the event that a player wishes to unregister less than 3 hours prior to the commencement of an Event, such player will have to email firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the email as “urgent” prior to the start of the event. It is not possible to deregister from an Event once the Event has started. Failure to deregister will bar the player from receiving any type of refund for the cost of the seat whatsoever.
- A player who has bought a hotel at an Event via PokerStars with cash from his/her PokerStars account will not be able receive a refund. The hotel portion of the package will be non-refundable.
- It is hereby clarified that if a player shows up and requests to play after an Event has already begun, the player’s stack value will be determined solely by the TD.
- The player must abide by the maximum cash payout rule per Event (“Maximum Cash Payout”),
- If a player buys into an Event online via the Site using real money the player is entitled to either: (i) receive their winnings in cash up to a maximum of the greater of: (A) 10,000 units of the relevant currency of the winnings for that Event; and (B) twice the amount of the buy-in for the Event with the rest of the winnings deposited into the player’s Site account, or (ii) receive the entire amount of the winnings by deposit into the player’s Site account.
- If you win a preliminary Satellite that awards the winner a seat into a subsequent Satellite (rather than an Event itself), you may unregister from the subsequent Satellite and you will receive into your account on the Site T-Money equal to the buy-in of that Satellite. You may use such T-Money to enter into a direct Satellite for an Event.
- If you have qualified and/or registered for the Event via the Site you will be given a ticket so that you may register yourself to day 1A/1B. In order to register go to the PokerStars.com lobby, ‘Events’, ‘PCA’, ‘Qualifiers’. The day 1A/1B tournaments have limited availability so do register as soon as you can. Once a start day sell outs you can only register for the other start day. The option to register will close the last week before the event and players will be automatically assigned a start day.
- Step tickets are only valid within the Step system and they are non-transferable and non-refundable. Players must play the first seat they win to a land based event via the Step System.
- PlatinumStar or Supernova VIP players may directly purchase a seat into an Event with T-Money, subject to availability. For more details go to www.pokerstars.com/caribbean-adventure/faq/.
- When playing in a Satellite you affirm that the name, email address, postal address, and phone number(s) associated with your PokerStars account are accurate, and agree that the person whose name appears on any PokerStars account which wins a package will be deemed to be the person who played and won the Satellite, and that person must attend and play in the Event.
- Any attempt by a player to alter or duplicate their PokerStars account to become eligible for a Satellite will result in forfeiture of any prize won and may result in the closure of such player's PokerStars account.
- In the case of disputes in regards to the participation rights, and all matters relating to the awarding of the prizes and or the terms and conditions of the Satellite, the final decision lies with the PokerStars management, is binding and shall not be subject to review or appeal by an entrant or any third party.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever any winning entrant does not take an element of a prize at a time stipulated by PokerStars, then such winning entrant shall be deemed to have forfeited his/her claim to such prize and PokerStars shall not have any obligation to compensate the winning entrant in any way whatsoever.
- By entering into a Satellite each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless PokerStars, their legal representatives, their affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from any damages whatsoever, including any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the acceptance of any prizes.
- PokerStars reserves the right, at any time, to alter these terms and conditions at its sole discretion, including to cancel, modify or suspend a Satellite if, at its sole discretion, PokerStars believes that the Satellite is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- All players participating in a Satellite must abide by all PokerStars terms of service requirements as listed at www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/tos/, and by PokerStars general tournament terms and conditions listed at www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/rules/.
- These terms and conditions and matters relating hereto shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Isle of Man law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Isle of Man courts.
In case of any disputes regarding any terms or conditions of the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure Event, the decision of PokerStars management is final, binding and not subject to appeal by any player or third party.
For details of the PCA Rules and Regulations please go to official PCA site.
If you have any comments or queries, feel free to contact us email@example.com.