• Table re-sizing: foremost among the features available to PokerStars players is the ability to change the size of the table. To resize a table, simply click-and-drag the edge of the table as you would any other window on your screen. The maximum size of the table is 1.6 times the size of the "default" or "native" size of that theme. The smallest size available is dictated by the limitations of the graphics (chips, cards, player names) to remain readable. (i.e. Stud tables can be made smaller, but not quite as small as Hold’em tables). Most players should find that they can have four tables on their screen simultaneously with no overlap.
• View sub-menu: along with the ability to resize tables, a new sub-menu, "View", on the main lobby screen provides various controls to the player. Each selection in the "View" menu will be covered in detail in the following section. Note that the View sub-menu can also be opened directly from the table by clicking the icon to the right of the "Options" button and/or dealer's chip tray. Additionally, the View menu and Themes menu (contents covered below) may be opened by clicking on the chip tray itself (or "Options" button).
• Tile Tables: selecting this feature will automatically tile all open tables at the maximum possible size without any overlap. (Note: it is possible to have overlap using this feature if there are more tables open than your monitor can support without overlap.)
• Cascade Tables: this menu item will cascade all open tables at an offset equivalent to the Windows title bar (usually 32 pixels).
• Save Custom Layout: once a player sets up the screen in the desired layout, the layout can be saved using this feature. Players can save up to four custom layouts. Saving a fifth layout will result in the oldest created layout being wiped from the client's "memory." That behavior will be improved in the coming versions allowing players to delete and rename layouts.
• Remember Table Positioning: this feature will position new windows in a logical continuation as new tables are opened. If a resized table is closed with this feature enabled, the next table opened will be the same size and position as the most recently closed table. Also, if after tiling there is a "logical hole", the hole will be filled by the next table to be opened. e.g. if you tile 3 tables into a 2x2 grid, with a "hole" in the lower right, then open a fourth table, it will fill the empty hole in the same size as the tiled tables.
Back to Poker Room Features main page.
Make your first real money deposit and start playing at PokerStars. Deposits are fast and secure.