Ring Game Rules
These rules apply to ring games at PokerStars. Additional rules that relate to tournaments only are available for viewing online here, and those that relate to the site as a whole are available for viewing online here.
All games are played table stakes. Only funds that you have brought to the table before a hand begins can be wagered in that hand.
For Fixed Limit games, the minimum buy-in is ten times the small bet. For example, in a $1/$2 game, the minimum buy-in is $10. There is no maximum buy-in at Fixed Limit tables.
For No Limit and Pot Limit games, the minimum buy-in is usually 40 times the big blind. The maximum buy-in is usually 100 times the big blind. For example, in a standard $1/$2 NL game, the minimum buy-in is $80 and the maximum is $200.
Minimum and maximum buy-ins may vary by table. Any such variations will be declared before you join a table.
If you are disconnected, and therefore unable to act on your hand, while having chips invested in the pot in a ring game, you may be given extra time to reconnect. The exact amount of extra time given depends on the type of game and the size of the pot at the time of your disconnection.
However, if you do not reconnect during this time, your hand will be folded, regardless of your investment in the pot or the strength of your hand. PokerStars will not accept any responsibility for losses caused by disconnections.
All transactions, including pots won and lost, are posted to your PokerStars account at the completion of each hand. In the event of a server crash that for any reason causes a hand to be incompletely recorded in the PokerStars database, all of that hand's participants’ accounts will be restored to the way they were at the beginning of the hand. Such a hand shall be declared a misdeal, with all associated blinds, antes and bets returned to the players.
Players receive a warning that their time to act is about to expire when they have 8 seconds remaining. The total time allowed for each action depends on table type:
- Fixed Limit, Zoom, and CAP tables allow 15 seconds per action during the first betting round and 20 seconds per action after the first betting round, or when facing a raise on the first betting round.
- PL/NL games (non-CAP) played at stakes $5/$10 or higher allow 20 seconds per action during the first betting round and 30 seconds per action after the first betting round, or when facing a raise on the first betting round.
- All other tables allow 18 seconds per action during the first betting round and 25 seconds per action after the first betting round, or when facing a raise on the first betting round.
In ring games, your time bank on each table will be 30 seconds.
Your time bank will increase by 10 seconds for every 50 hands into which you are dealt at that table.
In general players are expected to be seated with the purpose of playing
- At tables with more than two seats:
- It is acceptable to be seated but occasionally deny action in certain circumstances, such as being seated to help start a new ring game but not wanting to play heads-up.
- It is not acceptable to remain sitting out at a table (especially an active one) waiting for one of only a few preferred opponents to arrive or sit in.
- In general, seated players are expected to accept action much more often than they refuse it.
Mixed Games (HORSE, HOSE, 8-Game, etc.)
Players who sit in mixed games are expected to participate in all of the games in the rotation. Players should not take extraordinary measures to avoid playing specific games that are included in the rotation. While it is acceptable to take necessary breaks more often while less preferred games are being dealt, or to join the game when a more preferred game is being dealt, it is not acceptable to systematically avoid playing a particular game or games. Repeated violations may result in the temporary or permanent loss of playing privileges.
Failure to abide by rules 10-12 after warnings may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of playing privileges.
In case of disputes, PokerStars’ management decision will be final.