8 Fast Facts Ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix
After the late summer sun and fun of Europe, the F1 bandwagon heads east to Singapore this weekend, and the heat is on – in more ways than one – as Oracle Red Bull Racing look to continue their enviable hot-streak (currently at 14 wins in a row) at the Marina Bay Circuit.
Endurance is the word of the weekend when it comes to the Singapore circuit with races here regularly tipping over the two-hour mark and the safety car a frequent visitor to the track as well.
Add to that the hot and humid conditions and Singapore Is a real test for anyone brave enough to slip into the cockpit of an F1 car. Plus, it’s a night race – just to add some extra difficulty to the whole shebang.
While heat is almost always a factor, last year, the drivers had to contend with almost biblical downpours of rain which delayed the start of the race by over an hour. So, anything is possible in Singapore!
PokerStars Casino have compiled this quick hit list of fast facts to keep you in the know ahead of the weekend.
- 21 – The number of punishing turns at the Marina Bay Circuit
- 1600 – The number of floodlights that will be switched on as the race moves from day to night over the weekend.
- 5.075 – The distance in kilometres of the Marina Bay Circuit.
- 61 – The number of laps drivers will need to complete to pass the checkered flag on Sunday.
- 2008 – The year the first grand prix was held at the Singapore venue.
- 1:41:905 – The lap record, currently held by Kevin Magnussen from 2018.
- 14 – The number of podium finishes Oracle Red Bull Racing have had at Singapore – a record.
- 308.704 – The distance in kilometres of the overall race.
Friday September 15
10.30-11.30 – Practice 1
14.00-15.00 – Practice 2
Saturday September 16
10.30-11.30 – Practice 3
14.00-15.00 – Qualifying
Sunday September 17
13.00 – Race