PokerStars Macau unveils 2012 schedule
PokerStars Macau, the largest poker room in continental Asia, is pleased to announce its full special events calendar for 2012. The Asia poker season launches with the Macau Poker Cup: Red Dragon from February 18-26 and features the HKD $11,000 Red Dragon main event which comes with a HKD $3,000,000 guarantee.
"It's been an unbelievable year for the MPC Red Dragon series. We went from 300 players in 2010 to an average of 478 players in 2011...peaking with the February series at 509," said Danny McDonagh, PokerStars Director of Live Operations for Asia-Pacific. "With several exciting changes to our calendar next year, there's still something to be said about tradition. PokerStars Macau has always opened with the Macau Poker Cup where the Red Dragon has a massive following within the region."
Highlighting the 2012 calendar will be the MPC: Red Dragon series in February and July; Macau Millions -- the first tournament in Asia to break the thousand-entry barrier with 1,329 entries -- returns in March; the Macau Poker Cup Championship, the MPC finale, in September; the annual Asia-Pacific Poker Tour (APPT) Macau will be held in May; and, the recently announced ACOP will launch its inaugural event in November.
Another noticeable change is the introduction of the ACOP: Platinum Series which will take place in April, June, August, and October. The Main Event is HKD $5,500 and comes with a HKD $500,000 guarantee. In addition, the Top 10 players from each Platinum Series' Main Event will get the chance to win a HKD $100,000 ACOP Main Event entry.
"Despite some success with the MPC Monthly Specials, we felt that re-branding the 3-day series made sense." said Lorie Lagrosas, PokerStars Macau Operations Manager. "The Platinum Series is much more exciting. It offers a bigger guarantee (from $300,000 to $500,000) and winning a 100k seat to the ACOP completely transforms the player perception of value for these weekends."
Players can qualify for FREE to the Red Dragon and other PokerStars Macau events at PokerStars.net. Qualifying tournaments are listed under the "events" tab, and then click "Macau".
Full PokerStars Macau 2012 Calendar (all figures in HKD)
• FEB 18-26: MPC: Red Dragon -- $11,000 Red Dragon Main Event ($3,000,000 Guarantee)
• APR: ACOP: Platinum Series -- $5,500 Main Event ($500,000 Guarantee)
• MAR: Macau Millions 2012 -- $2,200 Main Event ($2,000,000 Guarantee)
• MAY: APPT Macau -- $30,000 Main Event ($6,000,000 Guarantee)
• JUNE: ACOP: Platinum Series -- $5,500 Main Event ($500,000 Guarantee)
• JULY: MPC: Red Dragon -- $11,000 Red Dragon Main Event ($3,000,000 Guarantee)
• AUG: ACOP: Platinum Series -- $5,500 Main Event ($500,000 Guarantee)
• SEP: Macau Poker Cup Championship 2012 -- $20,000 Main Event ($4,500,000 Guarantee)
• OCT: ACOP: Platinum Series -- $5,500 Main Event ($500,000 Guarantee)
• NOV: ACOP (Asia Championship of Poker) -- $100,000 Main Event ($10,000,000 Guarantee)
For complete details on PokerStars Macau events, please visit www.pokerstarsmacau.com