PokerStars Women's Poker League awards $7500 yearly prize

ps_news_thn.jpgThe fact that women are competitive is not a secret in business or in social circles and it was no secret to the movers and shakers at PokerStars. In August PokerStars stepped up to be the first major online poker site to sponsor a league for women with the formation of the PokerStars Women's Poker League. The competition proved to be very popular, with over 800 women competing monthly. And by some accounts, play in the league was tougher than many mixed competitions.

After five months of daily tournaments, two women were awarded in a very big way for their discipline and determination. 'RushRising' from Lincoln, Nebraska came out the winner of the USD league and Claudia 'Daxultanz' Csongei of Luxembourg was named the winner of the European league. Both will have their choice of Ladies Luxury Poker Packages to play in this year totaling $7500.

Yearly Standings
Yearly US Top 10
RushRising
Mahgenta
LauraFelix
imFROMTHESKY
Gwyneth2112
Debiloki
DiamondDixi
FaBluffy
Tazwoman75
Grano75

Yearly Euro Top 10
Dasultanz
RushRising
MissFreeroll
marixs
kassike
ayhreza
happybee64
Xyouarehere
ontschi
vikbor89

RushRising made a big splash in December with a second-place finish to move her from fourth overall for the year to the winning spot in the US yearly total for the league. She played in 162 games and grabbed up a total of 578 points to gain the edge over last month's leader Mahgenta. Mahgenta ended the league with 574 points earned through 150 games.

Dasultanz remained in the top 10 throughout the five months of the inaugural European league. She gained a total of 726 point and played 167 games. Second place, RushRising played in 162 games and totaled 680 points.

imFROMTHESKY played in the most games in the top 200 USD league. She played in 168 games over the length of the league and gained 527 points. FaBluffy played in the fewest games in the top 10 (118) and ended the league in a respectable ninth place with 445 points.

Overall the top 200 women of PokerStars played in 19,462 games and amassed a grand total of 57,826 points through both leagues.

Players from the US comprised about 75% of the league, with players from Canada, Mexico and other countries making up the other 25%.

December USD League
LauraFelix broke through at the end of the month moving her from fourth place to a first-place finish with a total of 169 points, giving her the win for the month of December.
RodeoRunner burned through the leagues in the last half of the month to total 132 points and the third -place spot for the month of December up 22 places from the mid-month standings. Diamndgrl1 also stepped up her game in the second half of the month of December to move from 16th mid-month to take the fouth spot for the month with 128 points.

The fifth-place winner for the month of December, Joanishort, moved up the ladder from 29th place and 32 points to round out the top 5 with 126 points.

The top 100 women stepped up to the challenge in the month of December all vying for that $300 pay out and battling it out for the top spot on the yearly leader board. A total 5813 points was accumulated by the top 100 leaders for the month.

December US Top 10
LauraFelix
RushRising
Rodeorunner
diamndgrl1
joanishort
rcgs59
Attract$$531
Mahgenta
Tazwoman75
Bluejay11

December European League
RushRising, winner of the US league, also showed her skills in the European League. She finished the month of December in first place with 183 points.

The battle for second was a fierce one to the end with DoktorTomas besting the second-place finisher with 154 and MissFreeroll taking the third with 151 points.
The eventual European League winner, Dasultanz, finished December in fifth with 123 points with Koukla13 not far behind with 118 points.

Overall the top 100 women in the European League played 5249 games throughout the final month of the league.

RushRising
DoktorTomas
MisFreeroll
lovelylau
dasultanz
Koukla13
Xyouarehere
ayhreza
Cr@Zy_K3Ri
sonkievrouw

The inaugural months of the Poker Stars Women's Leagues have been a huge success. Out of the competition rose friendships, camaraderie, and some serious poker skills. Not to mention some big prizes!

Watch for details to be released soon concerning the new and improved leagues on PokerStarsWomen.com

Thumbnail image for womens_poker_league.jpg

Amy Zupko
@PokerStars in PokerStars news