UK poker bloggers: So, you wanna blog at EPT London...
Over the seven years I've served as a blogger for PokerStars, I've lost count of the number of times people have asked, "How can I get a job doing what you're doing?" I've employed a variety of answers, including, "First you have to kill me," "Do you know anything about animal husbandry?" and "You're going to need a medical clearance first." Today, I was able to add another answer to the list: "Write a blog post saying why you should be picked to cover EPT London."
My friends over in the UK PokerStars HQ have just told me they're running a contest for UK-based poker bloggers. Whoever writes the best blog post about why they are the best pick to attend the final day of the EPT London main event will get £100 for travel, some money for food, and VIP access behind the scenes of EPT London. There the blogger will get a chance to meet the Team PokerStars Pros, the always-fun EPT tourney staff, and their favorite, snazzy-dressed, dry-humored (or should I say dry-humoured) PokerStars Bloggers. He or she will then have loads of material to write a great post about the day on their own blog.
Take it from me. I've had the opportunity to cover EPT London a few times in the past. There are not many better places to cover a poker tournament. The event is always huge and rich. The cash games at the Vic are out of this world (if you like that sort of thing). What's more, you're within walking distance of lots of good curry, the unofficial foodstuff of the PokerStars Blog. Plus, you'll get to see something like this.
That's David Vamplew. Last year he won the whole shebang for £900,000. It's not every day you get to see a 20-something Scotsman hoist a trophy nearly his own size over his head. Furthermore, it's not often you get to watch somebody get rich right in front of your eyes. It's a story worth writing home about, and now you have that chance.
And, if you win, I'll throw in this one-time-only special prize: A coveted polite nod and "how do you do" from PokerStars Blogger Stephen Bartley.*
So, get to work. Write up your blog post about why you should be the guest blogger at the EPT London final table. It's worth the trip and the effort. Full details are below.
*Offer invalid if Sgt. Major Bartley is otherwise occupied with writing, taking notes, or not feeling especially in the mood.
EPT London Guest Blogger Rules and Regulations
If you're a blogger and wish to enter this competition, all you have to do write a blog post entitled:
"I want to be the EPT Guest Blogger because..." and tell us why you should be chosen in no more than 500 words.
The blog will then have to be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com by 23:00 BST on the 2nd of October 2011, with your full name, address and phone number so we can contact you.
Bloggers can use text copy, video or photo content in their blog and only one will get chosen as the winner. We will then feature the winning blog post and your blog across our various PokerStars media channels!
EPT London Guest Blogger - Terms and Conditions
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your published blog entry entitled: "I'd love to be a guest blogger on the final day of EPT London because..." with your reason of why you wish to attend, plus your full name, address and phone number.
2. Blog entries should be no more than 500 words, but can also include video & photo content (videos should be no longer than two minutes in length.
3. Only one entry per person will be accepted to the email address: email@example.com.
4. This competition is only open to those that reside in the UK.
5. The prize is as follows;
• The winner will be transported to the London Hilton Metropole to blog the final day of the European Poker Tour London, which can be in the form of text, photos or videos.
• The winner will be able to interview at least one member of Team PokerStars Pro or PokerStars Team Online for their day's blog.
• The winner will receive a PokerStars goodie bag.
• The winner will be given a food allowance to spend all day.
6. Transport to the Hilton Metropole will be paid for up to the value of £100.
7. The closing date for the competition is at 23:00 BST on the 2nd of October 2011. Winners will be announced shortly after, by email.
8. In the event that a winner fails to confirm acceptance of the prize within one working day of receiving notification, PokerStars reserves the right to substitute them with another blogger of its choice.