Weekend Review: Rob "robtinnion" Tinnion headlines a weekend of big online wins
The European Poker Tour packed up and rolled out of Deauville in Normandy yesterday and life returned to normal in the Sunday Majors. It was a busy weekend, with some familiar names among the winners and the not-so-winners, including by some of those who had been at the coal face in France all week.
While Ognyan Dimov and Dany Parlafes had been playing one of the most enthralling heads-up contests for some time in the EPT Main Event, thousands of players were trying to achieve something like the online equivalent. The most successful was Rob "robtinnon" Tinnion who won the Sunday Million title, his second inside of six months against tough opposition in the form of Simon "ministerbord" Ravnsbaek.
The final stages were pretty gripping, with deal discussions towards the end demonstrating how eager each player was to take the title, something you can read for yourself in Kristin Bihr's report.
Tinnion went on to win, earning $200,136 to add to the $214,000 he won the last time he was in this position back in August 2014. For his part Ravnsbaek, who min-cashed in the EPT Deauville Main Event this week, cashed for $148,027.
Over in the Sunday Warm-up it was a first win for candy1984 after a two-way deal. As David Aydt reported, with chips even heads up a lightning fast deal followed, with candy1984 walking away with $84,255 to second placed david68's $74,255.
Here are the full results for both events.
PokerStars Sunday Million results for 2-8-2015
Prize pool: $1,315,800.00
Places paid: 990
1. Rob "robtinnion" Tinnion (United Kingdom) $200,136.96
2. Simon "ministerborg" Ravnsbaek (Denmark) $148,027.50
3. elme1989 (Switzerland) $103,264.00
4. Seth "Setherson2" Davies (Mexico) $72,369.00
5. dieterD6 (Austria) $55,263.60
6. boloban25 (Mexico) $42,105.60
7. rybn1k (Poland) $28,947.60
8. Mylo723 (United Kingdom) $15,789.60
9. kadafi11 (Sweden) $10,197.45
PokerStars Sunday Warm-Up results (02-08-15)
Prize pool: $576,400.00
Places paid: 414
1. candy1984 (United Kingdom) $84,255.40*
2. dávid68 (Hungary) $74,255.40*
3. dudd1 (Germany) $48,417.60
4. nailuj90 (Germany) $33,143.00
5. Rui "sousinha23" Sousa (Portugal) $25,073.40
6. Greenstone25 (Sweden) $19,309.40
7. big_pot1984 (Canada) $13,545.40
8. dirty.brasil (Canada) $7,792.92
9. 550as (Denmark) $4,899.40
* denotes two-way deal
But there's more to Sundays that just millions and warm-ups, with a full slate of events taking place across the weekend.
As you'll see in the link below there were final tables for Sam "Samsquid" Grafton, OhRaisyDaisy, fred-volpe, and josh prager, as well as Team Online's Noaya "nkeyno" Kihara.
Two players reached two final tables. Former EPT winner Jannick "EDWARDHOPPER" Wrang finished second in both the $82 Weekly Stud and $82 Weeklu FL Omaha Hi/Lo events. Meanwhile RunGodLike scored a second in the $215 Weekly FL Omaha Hi/Lo and finished seventh behind Wrang in the $82 Weekly FLO. Finally there was a win for Anders "Donald" Berg in the $27 Daily Triple Draw.
Read the full results for those and all the other big events from the weekend at the link below.
Results on PokerStars for the weekend February 7-8, 2015.
Congratulations to all of the weekend's winners. Now on to the next.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.