Wins for dccnesquick and festivuss, with jackpots for the rest of us
A look at all the major stories from this past weekend on PokerStars.
--A win for dccnesquick in the Sunday Million
--Meanwhile in the Sunday Warm-up Festivuss won a first prize of $81,022.
--At the UKIPT in Edinburgh, David Gomez triumphed in the main event, with last season's winner Dean Hutchison finishing in fifth place.
Round up of latest results
As Kristin Bihr noted in her report of the Sunday Million yesterday, it proved a final table for the newcomer. Often it's the case that one or two notables go deep, but this weekend there was a fresh look to the event, which was won by dccnesquick. With a field of 5,724 in place that was good for a first prize of $159,420.
Meanwhile the opposite was the case in the Sunday Warm-up, where Team Online's Jamie Staples Twitched his way to fifth spot and $22,306. It was left to Festivuss to claim first place. As David Aydt reported, watching a final table from the point of view of Twitch can be an enlightening experience, particularly when it's Staples doing the Twitching.
While all that was taking place online, events in Edinburgh were coming to a close. It was almost an incredible double for one player in the UKIPT main event. Having won the event back in Season 4, Dean Hutchison was back to try again, and got as far as sixth place before busting - still a remarkable achievement. But it was left to Spanish player David Gomez to take the title. There was no heads up contest to conquer. Instead the action concluded with a three-way all-in. Nick Wright has the full report.
Here are those results in full.
Sunday Million results
Prize pool: $1,144,800.00
Places paid: 855
1. dccnesquick (Netherlands) $159,420.87*
2. born2badbeat (China) $106,077.22*
3. kebabali (Germany) $87,377.71*
4. buriedatsea (United Kingdom) $113,232.22*
5. .eswtflol (United Kingdom) $48,081.60
6. quique-lop66 (Argentina) $36,633.60
7. Artem1049 (Russia) $25,185.60
8. longdd886 (China) $14,310.00
9. roo_400 (Canada) $8,929.44
* denotes four-way deal
Sunday Warm-Up results
Prize pool: $512,800.00
Place paid: 378
1. Festivuss (Mexico) $81,022.69
2. HealTheWorld (Austria) $60,510.40
3. alimounda (Greece) $43,075.20
4. Turbofluen (Denmark) $29,993.67
5. Jaime Staples (Canada) $22,306.80
6. luckyluck653 (Estonia) $17,178.80
7. FourSixFour (United Kingdom) $12,050.80
8. CROSA COLL (Uruguay) $7,435.60
9. joaommr (Malta) $4,358.80
UKIPT5 Edinburgh Main Event
Prize pool: £255,983
Places paid: 55
1. David Gomez (Spain) £49,660
2. Angelina Rich (United States) £31,490
3. Ben Burnhill (United Kingdom) £22,760
4. Alex Lynskey (Australia) £18,410
5. Dean Hutchison (United Kingdom) £14,570
6. Dode Elliot (United Kingdom) £11,210
7. Michael McGee (United Kingdom) £8,340
8. Gary Laing (United Kingdom) £6,038
The weekend's top tournament winners
|$215 Sunday Million:||dccnesquick||Netherlands||$159,420.87|
|$215 Sunday Warm-Up:||Festivuss||Mexico||$81,022.69|
|$530 Sunday 500:||EspenasApart||Norway||$58,995.25|
|$215 Sunday Supersonic [6-Max]:||Olorionek||Poland||$47,067.60|
|$109+R Sunday Rebuy:||gaudas12||Lithuania||$40,852.40|
|$215 Sunday 2nd Chance:||Sifosis||Denmark||$38,052.00|
|$320 Saturday Super-Knockout:||falasia1||Costa Rica||$24,139.81|
|$109 Sunday Kickoff:||Fish time ok||China||$22,332.60|
|$162 Sunday 6-Max:||RPILON||Canada||$21,357.18|
|The Weekender: $530 NLHE [8-Max]||tua133||Czech Republic||$20,250.00|
Click here for a complete list of major results on PokerStars for the weekend of November 21-22, 2015.
And if this has inspired you to open your own PokerStars account now is the perfect opportunity. Open your account here.
It happened again over the weekend, another winner in our anniversary Spin & Go season.
Canadian player Koovoon became the seventh jack pot winner in the space of a month (and 12th Spin & Go winner since they started) on Saturday morning, taking 39 hands and nine minutes to turn $100 into $1 million.
As we wrote on the PokerStars Blog, it wasn't too bad a day for second placed AndyG1810 and third placed Play2win$1kk, both from Russia. They collected $100,000 each.
That was the seventh jackpot win, but it needn't be the last. The Spin & Go anniversary celebrations continue until the end of the month. We'd be happy to report on winner number eight.
That's all for another weekend. Whether things went well or not so well, be sure to let us know on Twitter. Reach us @PokerStarsBlog.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.