Weekend Review: CantWinAFlip wins flips and more to headline weekend
A look at all the major stories from this past weekend on PokerStars.
* CantWinAFlip wins the Sunday Million
* Riffa Kriffa wins the Warm Up
* The LAPT Chile Main Event is down to 32 players
* The Eureka Main Event plays on in Rozvadov
Round up of latest results
We promised a lot when we previewed the weekend on Friday. Seems we got what we asked for. Much of what took place happened in different parts of the world, but let's start with the online realm, our manor sop to speak, and the Sunday Million won by CantWinAFlip.
Every so often the siren in the PokerStars Department of Accuracy in Usernames sounds, sending our Integrity Enforcement Officers into overdrive. Such as was the case this weekend, or would have been had such a department had existed. Because it turned out, as Kristin Bihr reported, CantWinAFlop actually won a good number of flips on his way to a first prize of $174,951.
No such breech in truthiness in the Warm-Up however, won by Riffa Kriffa of the Netherlands. We're not sure what Riffa Kriffa actually means but guess something along the lines of "outlasting a pair of Brazilians while at a final table." Or something like that. David Aydt put it better in his report, which you can read here.
Here are those two results in full:
PokerStars Sunday Million results (3/5/2016)
Prize pool: $1,118,600.00
Places paid: 810
1. CantWinAFlip (United Kingdom) $174,951.74
2. M.Strelskaya (Russia) $130,316.90
3. spearjohn (Greece) $92,116.71
4. anjuli777 (Germany) $63,200.90
5. david owie (United Kingdom) $47,540.50
6. trajna (Slovenia) $36,354.50
7. Noah "dirty.brasil" Vaillancourt (Canada) $25,168.50
8. Breakchips (Netherlands) $13,982.50
9. cxde (Slovakia) $8,948.80
PokerStars Sunday Warm-Up results (03-06-2016)
Places paid: 342
Prize pool: $464,400.00
1. Riffa Kriffa (Netherlands) $73,375.28
2. UncleAnte9 (Canada) $55,110.34
3. Angobet (Angola) $39,474.00
4. João Mathias "joaoMathias" Baumgarten (Brazil) $27,167.40
5. Carol "carolventura" Ventura (Brazil) $20,665.80
6. Knightsgeee (Australia) $16,021.80
7. KING BAIT (Canada) $11,377.80
8. oceanemm (Mongolia) $6,733.80
9. XX MUC XX143 (Germany) $3,947.40
The weekend's top online tournament winners
Away from the two big winners it was fun to pick out a few other names turning a profit this weekend.
Team PokerStars Pro Kosei Ichinose won the $215 Weekly PLO Hi/Lo for $2,315, while Mustapha "Lasagnaaammm" Kanit won the Sunday SuperSonic for $47,999.
KendrickBoy from the UK won two events over the weekend - the $215 Pacific Rim Special for $5,900 and the $55 NLH Hyper-Turbo for another $8,572. Meanwhile Dzmitry Urbanovich reached four final tables, winning one of them.
Here are the big online winners from the weekend.
|$215 Sunday Million||CantWinAFlip||United Kingdom||$174,951.74|
|$215 Sunday Warm-Up||Riffa Kriffa||Netherlands||$73,375.28|
|$530 Sunday 500||elmelogno4||Uruguay||$58,353.00|
|$215 Sunday Supersonic [6-Max]||lasagnaaammm||Austria||$47,999.89|
|$215 Sunday 2nd Chance||poosnack11||Canada||$37,620.00|
|$109+R Sunday Rebuy||farmjim||United Kingdom||$37,034.83|
|$320 Saturday Super-Knockout||wilmy_x||Czech Republic||$25,237.20|
|$11 Sunday Storm||Miegstroem||Finland||$24,389.55|
|$109 Sunday Kickoff||Kozir||Belarus||$21,237.25|
|$162 Sunday 6-Max||bigpapas1978||Iceland||$21,168.00|
Click here for a complete list of major results on PokerStars for the weekend of March 5 to 6, 2016.
There was plenty of action in Chile over the weekend with Day 3 of the Latin American Poker Tour beginning later today, with the final 32 players working their way down to a final table to be played tomorrow. As our reporters Jack Stanton and Will O'Connor report, Ricardo Matamala holds the chip lead ahead of a field full of revenants. Read their round of yesterday's action here, which contains links to everything that's happened in Viña Del Mar up to now.
Meanwhile back in Europe the Eureka Poker Tour is in Rozvadov, Czech Republic from where our man Nick Wright reports.
It's the penultimate day there too as it happens, with 63 players left, led by Daniel Rose. Ivan Luca is among the notables vying for the lead there. Coverage from Rozvadov continues as we speak, all of which you can find here.
MPC High Roller
As if providing some sort of geographical balance, events at the Macau Poker Cup concluded over the weekend with Wayne Jun Wen Yap winning the High Roller event for a winner's cheque of HK$2,292,720. Brad Kain was there at the finish, and had this report. Keep an eye out for an almost weird performance by former EPT Grand Final runner-up Jack Salter and his brother Louis.
Here's that result in full:
MPC24 High Roller Final Table
Places paid: 9
Prize pool: HK$7,514,720
1. Wayne Yap (Singapore) $2,292,720
2. Xixiang Luo (China) $1,528,000
3. Quan Zhou (China) $934,000
4. Jack Salter (United Kingdom) $722,000
5. Louis Salter (United Kingdom) $552,000
6. Wei Zhang (China) $467,000
7. Ya Hui Xu (China) $382,000
8. Vikram Nanda (Hong Kong) $340,000
9. Wei Zhao (China) $297,000
If any of this has inspired you a little, you can open a PokerStars account in just a few minutes. click here to get started.
That's everything. As always send your questions and comments to us on Twitter: @PokerStarsBlog.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.