Balazs Somodi wins IPT Grand Final crown
The Italian Poker Tour Grand wrapped up its seventh season in Saint Vincent this week, with a Grand Final event won by Hungarian Balazs Somodi. Somodi topped a field of 308 players to earn a first prize of €70,000 from a combined prize pool of €298,760.
Somodi, who has earned more than $250,000 at the poker table over the past ten years, despite being a professional chess player by day, overcame Romanian Tudor Purice heads-up. Purice collected €40,000 as runner-up.
Ready to sign up for PokerStars? Click here to get an account.
The final hand at the Casino de la Vallée involved Purice moving all in with ace-six off-suit, which was called by Somodi who held king-ten off-suit. Purice flopped a six, but Somodi took the title when a ten hit the river.
The full result from Saint Vincent is below.
IPT7 St Vincent $1,000 Main Event
Total prize pool: €298,760
Places paid: 39
1. Balazs Somodi (Hungary) € 70,000
2. Purice Tudor Lucian (Romania) € 40,000
3. Mangano Fabio (Italy) € 29,500
4. Pio Lorenzo (Italy) € 21,000
5. Armanavicius Liutauras (Lithuania) € 16,500
6. Shabalin Vladimir (Russia) € 13,000
7. Lache Vlad Stefan (Romania) € 9,860
8. Casabona Massimo (Italy) € 7,000
9. Giannico Gianfranco (Italy) € 5,500
For more details about the tour go to the IPT homepage.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.