Weekend review: Comeback win for LilFishAtL headlines PokerStars weekend
A look at all the major stories from this past weekend on PokerStars.
* LilFishAtL pulls off a remarkable heads-up come back to win the Sunday Million
* Bica999 takes down the Sunday Warm-Up worth $75,000
* Jean Issa wins the Anniversary Special in Manila
Round up of latest results
After the fireworks of TCOOP it was back to normal on PokerStars this weekend, with the usual schedule of weekend majors. But while it was nothing "special" for lack of a better word, the Sunday Million still managed to prove why it's one of the most exciting events of the week, thanks to the performance of winner LilFishAtL.
As Kristin Bihr reported, LilFishAtL's win seemed almost impossible at the heads stage. Turned out it was just improbable. He trailed Grayson "gray31" Ramage by something like seven-to-one in chips, only to win a string of posts in a row to bring him to within reach. You wonder if mentally that kind of thing starts getting to the chip leader (even one as experienced as Ramage), watching your opponent gather the "Big Mo" and then steadily overtake you.
Well, whether that crossed Ramage's mind or not it happened in what proved something of a thriller. The final table report is well worth a read.
That meant the Sunday Warm-Up had a lot to live up to. But what it lacked in drama for the rest of us, it made up for in prize money. At least that's what winner bica999 will be thinking this morning. His heads up scrap against Kovalski1 was relatively straight forward, and good for a first prize of $75,050. David Aydt had the full report on that one.
You can check the results in full below.
PokerStars Sunday Million results (Feb 7, 2016)
Prize pool: $1,143,600.00
Places paid: 855
1. LilFishAtL (Mexico) $141,000.00*
2. Grayson "gray31" Ramage (Canada) $156,406.39*
3. 1morepls (Greece) $104,000.00*
4. Jamie "Ship It 2010" O'Connor (United Kingdom) $64,213.14
5. tonyfo14 (Lebanon) $48,031.20
6. Speedyy1986 (Romania) $36,595.20
7. 1974cww (United Kingdom) $25,159.20
8. diablo8807 (Hungary) $14,295.00
9. bRe3za (Germany) $8,920.08
* reflects the results of a three-way deal that left $20,000 in play for the winner
PokerStars Sunday Warm-Up results (Feb 7, 2016)
Total prize pool: $475,000.00
Places paid: 342
1. bica999 (Romania) $75,050.00
2. Kovalski1 (Brazil) $56,368.25
3. osiasgriffin (Austria) $40,375.00
4. yargen (Israel) $27,787.50
5. V.bl0m (Malta) $21,137.50
6. DoePopoe (Germany) $16,387.50
7. Krutenkie (Russia) $11,637.50
8. Bryan "Brryann" Ruiter (Netherlands) $6,887.50
9. leitalopez (Argentina) $4,037.50
The weekend's top online tournament winners
Here's a look at this week's big winners.
|$215 Sunday Million||LilFishAtL||Mexico||$141,000.00|
|$215 Sunday Warm-Up||bica999||Romania||$75,050.00|
|$530 Sunday 500||Crackdel29||United Kingdom||$57,562.50|
|$215 Sunday Supersonic (6-Max)||RADOALSUOLO1||Slovenia||$45,161.18|
|$109+R Sunday Rebuy||RasA86||Denmark||$39,368.70|
|$215 Sunday 2nd Chance||roo_400||Canada||$33,000.00|
|$109 Sunday Kickoff||zinkAA||Russian Federation||$28,768.00|
|$11 Sunday Storm||GarnerUA||Germany||$28,050.00|
|$320 Saturday Super-Knockout||Virgilik||Romania||$24,110.87|
|$22 Sunday Mini Million||masterc50||Netherlands||$22,269.40|
|$162 Sunday 6-Max||srxakgirona||Mexico||$20,507.45|
You'll find the complete list of major results on PokerStars here for the weekend of February 6-7, 2016.
Now is the perfect opportunity to get a PokerStars account. Open your account here.
Lastly for this weekend, British player Jean Issa won the Anniversary Special in Manila on Sunday. He topped a field of 534 in the City of Dreams to pick up his first trophy, sewing up what was easily the biggest win of his poker career worth P461,600 ($9,670). Triccia David was on hand to follow the action for the PokerStars Blog. Read her final table report from Manila here, which features links to all the highlights.
That's all from another weekend on the PokerStars. Our attention turns now to events starting this week in Dublin, which hosts the European Poker Tour for the first time in eight years. Our coverage from the Royal Dublin Society starts on Wednesday.
Congratulations to all of this week's winners. As always send your questions and comments to us on Twitter: @PokerStarsBlog.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.