Weekend Review: ad144 wins online as McGinty and Silver do same in Dublin
A brief round-up of the world of PokerStars this past weekend...
Weekend highlights on PokerStars
• ad144 wins the Sunday Million
• Wins for McGinty and Silver at the PokerStars Festival Dublin
• PokerStars London Series begins this week
ad144 wins 148 in Sunday Million
When does ad144 add up to 148? Well, when ad144 wins the Sunday Million, and you're thinking of a neat way to describe how much he won, that's when.
The Brit logged off with $148,801 added to their bankroll after cutting a heads-up deal with CrownUpGay, also from the UK, at the business end of the weekend's main attraction.
Jason Kirk had the write up for this one, which documents the key hands, including some big pairs for the eventual winner, and the near miss for second placed CrownUpGay. That's not a typo.
Here's the full result, with a link to the report.
Sunday Million ($215 NL Hold'em) results
Entries: 5,980 (4,864 entries, 1,116 re-entries)
Prize pool: $1,196,000
Places paid: 1,052
1. ad144 (United Kingdom) $148,801.83*
2. CrownUpGay (United Kingdom) $126,000*
3. JAGUARRRRRRR (Bulgaria) $79,523.95
4. Vitor "VitinhO Dzi" Dzivielevski (Brazil) $55,807.51
5. knockoutian (United Kingdom) $39,164.09
6. Therealkuch (Switzerland) $27,484.19
7. Mikal "mikal12345" Blomlie (Norway) $19,287.65
8. deivid29 (United Kingdom) $13,535.61
9. Regadeitor (Mexico) $9,498.99
* denotes results of a heads-up deal leaving $20,000 for the winner
Here are the top ten winners from the weekend...
|$215 SUNDAY MILLION||ad144||United Kingdom||$148,801.83|
|$1,050 Sunday Grand NLHE||Aggro Santos||Mexico||$45,970.87|
|$700 Super-Sized Sunday [Progressive KO]||bigstealer||United Kingdom||$39,751.95|
|$215 Sunday Warm-Up||Fr@n_4774||Austria||$39,584.44|
|$215 Sunday Supersonic [6-Max, Hyper-Turbo]||iissrr||Romania||$34,864.78|
|$1,050 Sunday Grand PLO [6-Max]||caIcuIer_||United Kingdom||$29,386.35|
|$109 Sunday Cooldown [Turbo]||Keep2p34Ch"||Morocco||$21,484.23|
|$11 Sunday Storm||Diman6899||Russian Federation||$18,239.11|
|$109 Sunday Kickoff||Mysters_Y||Russian Federation||$17,540.85|
|$320 Saturday KO||DixyDix||United Kingdom||$15,649.39|
PokerStars Festival Dublin concludes
While the online poker world grinded through the weekend, events in Dublin were in full swing, concluding late last night with a win for Gary McGinty in the Main Event and Max Silver in the High Roller, which allowed us to say that "Silver had won gold." Don't frown - that means a lot when you're scratching your head all morning trying to make ad144 add up to 148.
PokerStars London Series
PokerStars is heading back to The Hippodrome in London this week.
The October London Series begins this Thursday, concluding on Sunday, with a £40,000 guaranteed main event with a £275 buy-in being the highlight.
This is multi flight single re-entry event, which means you can have of a single re-entry per flight and you can re-enter each day. There is no stack surrender you may only re-enter if you bust.
The London Series has four starting flights (2 flights per day);
• Flight A starts at 14:00pm on Friday the 6th of October,
• Flight B starts at 20:00pm later the same day, Friday the 6th of October,
• Flight C starts at 14:00pm on Saturday the 7th of October,
• Flight D starts at 20:00pm later the same day, Friday the 7th of October.
If you haven't played at The Hippodrome before, it's one of those destinations that as well as being a treat to play in, is a great way to get the PokerStars experience without the high stakes buy-in. It's a great opportunity to test yourself against quality opposition, in what is arguably London's best poker destination.
For the full schedule and more details on the event please visit the PokerStars London homepage.
That's all from what was a busy weekend. If we missed anything email us at email@example.com, or tweet us @PokerStarsBlog.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog. Follow him on Twitter: @StephenBartley. Don't forget to follow the Blog on twitter: @PokerStarsBlog.