Weekend Review: Marbella and the Million
A look at the major results on PokerStars this weekend.
Weekend highlights on PokerStars
• Andreas "daskalos20" Christoforou wins the Sunday Million
• Ignacio López wins in Marbella
If you haven't already read Jason Kirk's report of this week's Sunday Million, be sure to do so here. Not only does it give a great account of this week's win by Andreas "deskalos20" Christoforou, but it's also the first time platonic idealism has been used in a Sunday Million recap. There's even a graph.
Seriously, it's a great report of what you can see in result form below.
Sunday Million results (June 25, 2017)
Entries: 5,764 (4,771 entries, 993 re-entries)
Prize pool: $1,152,800
Places paid: 953
1. Andreas "daskalos20" Christoforou (Cyprus) $165,000*
2. cxde (Slovakia) $127,329*
3. Cashcid Linc (Germany) $82,747.63
4. minicooler (Estonia) $57,267.87
5. DSmunichlife (Germany) $39,633.84
6. Rimach (Russia) $27,429.72
7. Grub "D" 23 (Brazil) $18,983.50
8. reno8 (United Kingdom) $13,138.11
9. GNP666 (Sweden) $9,092.59
* denotes results of a heads-up deal that left $20,000 for the winner
Here are the top ten winners from the weekend...
|$215 SUNDAY MILLION||daskalos20||Cyprus||$165,000.00|
|$215 Sunday Warm-Up||torscotr06||Canada||$44,054.63|
|$1,050 Sunday Grand NLHE||Brryann||Netherlands||$38,114.75|
|$700 Super-Sized Sunday [Progressive KO]||rudisf||Poland||$33,104.08|
|$215 Sunday Supersonic [6-Max, Hyper-Turbo]||HU4FU||Sweden||$29,505.96|
|$11 Sunday Storm||JoleAmer||Croatia||$25,350.91|
|$22 Mini Sunday Million||riverking021||India||$21,924.92|
|$1,050 Sunday Grand PLO [6-Max]||gavz101||United Kingdom||$20,790.10|
|$109 Sunday Cooldown [Turbo]||pellompogos||Cyprus||$19,469.73|
|$109 Sunday Kickoff||TanTanSWE||Sweden||$18,237.99|
Find all the results for the weekend of June 24 to 25, 2017 on PokerStars, by clicking here.
Ignacio López got the job done in Marbella this weekend, wining a first prize of €152,400 in the PokerStars Festival Main Event, and securing a third title for the Spanish .
That first prize came after a three way deal with Iñigo Naveiro and Leo Margets, who were part of the three-way deal. Spanish players did well on home soil, filling the top six places.
Jack Stanton and Nick Wright were on hand with all the stories, which featured among others the likes of Lex Veldhuis and former snooker World Champion Stephen Hendry. The full archive of their work can be found here.
Meanwhile, here's the result in full.
PokerStars Festival Marbella Main Event
Prize pool: €911,040
1. Ignacio López (Spain) - €152,400*
2. Iñigo Naveiro (Spain) - €95,500*
3. Leo Margets (Spain) - €95,500*
4. Fernando Curto (Spain) - €54,100
5. Ignacio Barcenas (Spain) - €42,100
6. José Carlos López (Spain) - €31,200
7. Fabrizio Privitena (Italy) - €22,300
8. Marco Paul Lander (Switzerland) - €15,900
9. John Divers (United Kingdom) - €12,350
* Indicates a three-way deal
The High Roller event was won by 20-year-old Oriol Fernandez, who secured a first prize of €78,200. You can find the final result below.
PokerStars Festival Marbella High Roller
Prize pool: €353,280
1. Oriol Fernández - €78,200
2. David Laka - €52,800
3. David Jakobson - €36,350
4. Rui Bouquet - €29,650
5. Robert Aver - €23,650
6. Michal Ozimek - €18,130
7. Amiel Alexander - €13,200
8. Ladislao Dalfo - €9,550
If you did well at the tables this weekend then congratulations. If not then remember you were card dead, and that's fine, and another weekend will be here soon. For everything else email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet us @PokerStarsBlog.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog. Follow him on Twitter: @StephenBartley. Don't forget to follow the Blog on twitter: @PokerStarsBlog.