Before they wore the PokerStars Red Spade...
Long, long ago, there was a time when members of Team PokerStars were not even aware of poker. They didn't know how to hold their cards or rank hands, much less play a high/low split game. It's hard to believe but true.
However, this was a time before PokerStars existed. PokerStars Women wasn't even a spark in anyone's imagination. Most people didn't even own a computer. Poker was truly in its infancy.
The absence of poker in their lives prompted seven women to pursue other dreams. One became a field hockey star and competed in the Olympics. Another went on to earn a degree in Astrophysics and another excelled in school and graduated from Yale Law School. But eventually, they found poker. And no matter the paths they took, they all eventually picked up those cards and logged on to PokerStars. They became poker stars that are respected around the world for their talents on and off the felt.
That brings us to this week's contest. Can you identify these PokerStars women when they were just a few years younger than they are now?
These are seven of our members of Team PokerStars, though one of them recently joined the team but is not listed on the linked page yet (an extra mystery to test our fans).
We'd like you to identify them. If you correctly match four of the seven pictures above with their identities listed below, you will qualify to win a $215 Sunday Million ticket or any of three $11 PCA satellite tickets.
1. Adrienne Rowsome
2. Celina Lin
3. Fatima Moreira de Melo
4. Leo Margets
5. Vanessa Selbst
6. Charlotte Van Brabander
7. Natalie Hof
Simply match the letter of the younger girls to the numbers of the women as they look today. If you think Picture C is Celina Lin, you will record that as C2.
Tweet us at //twitter.com/PokerStarsWomen with your guesses, using the hashtag #B4PokerStars and your PokerStars ID. You must get four of them correct and include the hashtag and PokerStars ID to qualify for the random prize drawing.
Example: @PokerStarsWomen C1 D4 F8 G6 A9 B3 K5 #B4PokerStars (awesomeplayer)
The contest will run from today through midnight EST on Sunday, December 15. Correctly identify four of the pictures, and you're qualified to win!
Terms & Conditions
Keep in mind that this contest is open to men and women alike. And these are the rules:
• The contest is open from December 10 to December 15, 2013, ending at midnight EST. No entries will be accepted after that time.
• To be entered in the competition, the tweet to //twitter.com/PokerStarsWomen must include hashtag #B4PokerStars and PokerStars user ID. Answers must be written clearly with number/letter matches.
• Four winners will be chosen at random, three of whom will win $11 PCA satellite tickets and one of whom will win a $215 Sunday Million ticket.
• The contest is run by PokerStars and not Twitter.
• Players must be 18 or older to win and have a valid PokerStars account.
• Ticket prizes are non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash value.
Best of luck!
Jennifer Newell is a PokerStars freelance contributor.