PokerStars Women wants to grant holiday wishes
None of us at PokerStars Women pretends to be Santa... or even Mrs. Claus or Mrs. Kringle for that matter. However, we have some holiday spirit bottled up at the office (no, it's not liquor!), and we'd like to share what we can.
Is there a tournament that you've been longing to play on PokerStars, like the Women's Sunday or even something bigger?
Could a PokerStars chip set inspire you to start a home game with your family or friends?
Would you like to tell your poker story to the PokerStars blog?
PokerStars Women would like to extend some holiday cheer and grant just a few wishes to our loyal readers and followers.
And it's easy to do. Simply send a message on Twitter at Twitter.com/PokerStarsWomen or on Facebook at Facebook.com/PokerStarsWomen. We're taking special holiday wish requests from December 19 - December 27, and we will choose two winners from Twitter and two from Facebook.
Tell us your wish and why it is important, along with your PokerStars ID. If you use Twitter, please use the #PSWishes hashtag as well as your PokerStars ID.
Also, you must have been nice - and only a little naughty - this year.
For those of you who have everything, we rewrote a certain holiday poem after a little too much eggnog the other night:
Twas the night before the holiday, when all through the Internet,
Not a creature was stirring, no one placing a bet.
The decorations were hung in the PokerStars office with care,
In hopes that presents soon would be there.
The players were nestled all snug in their grinding chairs,
While visions of big wins danced in their hairs.
And Liv with her flips, and Leo in her suite,
Had just stacked their chips for a big winner's tweet.
When out in the lobby there arose such a clatter,
They sprang from the game to see what was the matter.
Away to the window they flew like a flash,
Backed up their computers and cleared all the cache.
As some players timed out and others moved all-in,
Others closed their laptops as updates were installin'.
When, what to their wondering eyes should appear,
But Elky in a sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer.
"Now Dasher! Now, Dancer! Now, Prancer and Vixen!
On, Comet! On, Cupid! On, Donner and Blitzen!
Give me the flop, the turn, and the river,
So I win the hand and these presents I'll deliver!"
And then, in a twinkling, they heard on the rooftop,
He spoke not a word but used points from the VIP shop.
There were chip sets and t-shirts and even some sweets,
And for mom and for dad, he had tournament seats.
He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a shout,
And away they all flew like a player after a bustout.
But they heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight,
"Happy Holidays to all, good game, and goodnight!"
With that, we leave you with the warmth of our terms and conditions for this promotion:
• The deadline for wish entries is December 27 at 23:59ET. Granted wishes will be announced December 28, 2013, and prizes will be dispatched in January 2014.
• Entries will only be considered through the PokerStars Women Twitter account and Facebook page, and must include PokerStars user ID and #PSWishes hashtag.
• Wishes are limited to one per player.
• Wishes will be chosen at random, and all decisions are final.
• The value of the prize cannot exceed $300, and there must be a reasonable expectation PokerStars can purchase it.
• PokerStars will fulfill gift requests to the best of our understanding, and details and specifications of the gift items are non-negotiable.
• You must be 18 years old or older to participate.
• Tournament tickets are non-transferrable.
• Promotion is run by PokerStars, not Twitter or Facebook.
Jennifer Newell is a PokerStars freelance contributor.