SCOOP 2015: Make that two titles for Mike "SirWatts" Watson
Today's round up of the "overnight" SCOOP results centres largely on the last event to finish, in this case Event 37-H. It was a similar story yesterday.
With four players left the line-up offered a variety of options for anyone looking for a story. Team Pros Naoya "nkeyno" Kihara and Kosei Ichinose were each looking for their first title, and three days ago you could have said the same thing about Mike "SirWatts" Watson, were it not for the fact he earned his first win in Event 29-M on Wednesday.
We've seen similar stories throughout this SCOOP championship, that of one win prompting another. Just ask this year's double winners: dragonwarior, puropoker123, Jason Mercier (okay, three), Nicolas Chouity and Marek_heinz.
Well now you can add Watson himself to that exclusive list, after he overcame the scrappy Kihara to win his second title. You wait all this time for one SCOOP title to show and then two come along all at once.
As is now standard there were some near misses for other notables, like Mercier, whose name is becoming synonymous with this year's Championship.
He finished third in Event 35-M, missing out on a fourth title this year. Incidentally happyfreaked, who finished second to Toby Work in that event (and took the bigger share of the heads-up chop), is none other than PokerNews presenter Remko Rinkema. Oh, and he beat Dzmitry "Colisea" Urbanovich along the way. He's practically excluded himself from media events for the rest of his life.
That's what happened last night. Coming up this week is of course the bulk of the remaining SCOOP events, with the Main Event getting under way on Sunday. But in addition to SCOOP activities there's also the Supernova+ Quarterly $1,000,000 Freeroll, which kicks off on Saturday at 14:00 ET.
This ranks among one of the more exclusives offerings to PokerStars players, reserved for Supernovas, with a seven figure prizepool up for grabs. It's the kind of event that makes all that multi-tabling worth while.
The next one is this weekend, with two more quarterly freerolls (with the same $1 million guarantee) running later this year. The next on August 15, followed by the last of the year on November 7. It's not all about the SuperNovas, as you'll see on our VIP page, which outlines various perks depending on each level.
For now check out all the results from the day below, with links taking you to each event report. You can also find the full run down of results on our dedicated results page. For everything else, including the Player of the Year standings, check out the SCOOP homepage.
SCOOP-35-L: $27 8-Game
Place paid: 252
Prize pool: $47,700.65
1. snirk (Germany) *$6,605.57
2. Nr1InEurope (Ireland) *$5,800.38
3. BryanMika (Brazil) *$4,886.25
4. Lord Codita (Romania) $2,742.78
5. xFeN1Xx (Russia) $1,869.86
6. Egption (Canada) $1,068.49
*denotes part of three-way deal
SCOOP 35-M: $215 8-Game
Prize pool: $109,600
Places paid: 72
1. Toby Work (Denmark) $17,972.79*
2. Remko "happyfreaked" Rinkema (Netherlands) $18,195.21*
3. Team PokerStars Pro Jason "JasonMercier" Mercier (Canada) $11,234
4. Dzmitry "Colisea" Urbanovich (Poland) $7,672
5. NorBaggio (Hungary) $5,480
6. OhRaisyDaisy (Russia) $3,507.20
* denotes results of a heads-up deal
SCOOP-35-H: $2,100 8-Game
Prize Pool: $316,000
Places Paid: 18
1. kuhns89 (Austria) $82,160.00
2. ElCast13 (Portugal) $55,300.00
3. ChaoRen160 $41,080.00
4. Calvin "cal42688" Anderson $26,860.00
5. morethanqt (Hungary) $20,540.00
6. Sauce123 (Canada) $14,220.00
SCOOP-37-L: $27 PL Omaha Hi/Lo
Prize pool: $57,152.40
Places paid: 306
1. fartovick25 (Ukraine) $7,660.89 *
2. valkyros (Poland) $6,639.82 *
3. ray918273 (Thailand) $6,681.42 *
4. Vassegio (Russia) $3,429.14
5. edwarz (Germany) $2,571.85
6. acofmam (Russia) $2,000.33
7. how_now59 (Canada) $1,428.81
8. atzektm (Germany) $971.59
9. Victor "Puropoker123" Lemos (Panama) $514.37
* Denotes a deal among the final three players
SCOOP-37-M: $215 PL Omaha Hi/Lo
Prize pool: $137,400
Places paid: 90
1. MarkBang (Hungary) $21,795.37*
2. UziStuNNa (Hungary) $18,995.69*
3. cutitup (Sweden) $17,260.44*
4. KURRAMBA314 (Colombia) $10,305.00
5. Gambler4444 (Austria) $7,213.50
6. LuvHoochies (Mexico) $5,839.50
7. Bolivar "Ramux" Palacios (Panama) $4,465.50
8. gonrugby88 (Argentina) $3,091.50
9. xLuizFelipex (Brazil) $1,937.34
* denotes three-handed ICM deal
SCOOP 37-H: $2,100 PL Omaha Hi/Lo
Prize pool: $284,000
Places paid: 18
1. SirWatts (Canada) $65,320
2. nkeyno (Japan) Team PokerStars Pro $45,440
3. ricestud (Mexico) $34,506
4. K. Ichinose (Japan) Team PokerStars Pro $25,560
5. nizmo jiz (Australia) $17,040
6. PlayWMyNuts (Canada) $14,200
7. AJSuited16 (Canada) $11,360
8. AngryJuice (Finland) $8,520
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.