TCOOP 2016: Four winners yesterday, four more today
One of the great things about a 'COOP series is the sheer volume of events. No need to wait for the weekend for something big to happen, because in TCOOP there are at least four events to look out for on any given day, such as yesterday... and today for that matter.
We'll get to today in just a moment. First yesterday with TCOOP events 20 through 23 playing to a finish. That meant four titles and a combined prize pool of more than $660,000.
They came in 5-card Omaha, Omaha hi-lo, regular hold'em, and one of those turbo zoom tournaments with a name so long there's a danger of it taking more time to say than to play (in this case a no-limit-hold'em-four-max-zoom-zoom-progressive-progressive-super-knockout).
Here are the results in full. Click on the link in each to read the full final table report.
TCOOP-20 ($82+R PL 5-Card Omaha, 6-Max, Turbo)
Total prize pool: $97,275
Places paid: 48
1. flexmasterNL (Netherlands) $18,518.12*
2. CavaloOoOo (Brazil) $16,004.61*
3. GiBobH/L (Poland) $10,943.43
4. Team PokerStars Pro Online Naoya "nkeyno" Kihara (Japan) $7,538.81
5. pappadogg (Czech Republic) $5,593.31
6. raconteur (United Kingdom) $3,647.81
* Reflects the results of a two-way deal that left $1,000 in play for the winner
TCOOP-21 ($27 NL Hold'em, 4-Max, Zoom, Progressive Super-Knockout)
Regular prize pool: $84,537.90
Bounty prize pool: $84,194.25
Places paid: 900
1. TeaDrinker77 (Malta) $6,248.95 + $1,884.34 in bounties*
2. nickus_poker (Netherlands) $6,805.85 + $1,673.75 in bounties*
3. PaiKekai (United Kingdom) $5,307.22 + $676.53 in bounties*
4. M Cunha G (Brazil) $2,019.61 + $525.57 in bounties
5. Theo55CY (Cyprus) $1,278.21 + $605.74 in bounties
* Reflects the results of a three-way deal that left $2,000 in play for the winner
TCOOP-22 ($82 FL Omaha Hi-Lo, 8-Max, Turbo)
Total prize pool: $54,600.00
Places paid: 96
1. 7HE__D__ASH (Switzerland) $9,078.53*
2. juicy joy (Netherlands) $8,529.97*
3. Thomas "sandman201" Tyler (Canada) $5,460.00
4. Ulett_23 (Canada) $4,095.00
5. sleepy_seven (Germany) $2,730.00
6. glennerz (Canada) $1,911.00
7. LillyPutina (Russia) $1,228.50
8. BraunerBär (Germany) $819.00
* Reflects the results of a two-way deal that left $500 in play for the winner
TCOOP-23 ($215 NL Hold'em, 6-Max, Hyper-Turbo, 10-Stack)
Total prize pool: $428,134.80
Places paid: 264
1. Thi_cortes (Brazil) $64,604.86 *
2. DJeka[MD] (Moldova) $55,133.45 *
3. steve3331 (Hungary) $37,461.79
4. FragdenInder (Austria) $24,617.75
5. Ce$ar$pa (United Kingdom) $16,055.05
6. guix2x (Brazil) $9,033.64
* Reflects the results of a 2-way deal that left $4,000 for the winner
Coming up today
That brings us to today with four more events and nearly $1 million in prize money to be won. They come in different shapes and sizes, with the pick of the day being TCOOP-26, a NL Hold'em ultra-deep tournament with a guaranteed prize pool of $700,000.
Here's the full schedule of what to expect today:
TCOOP-24: $82 PL Omaha H/L (6-Max Turbo) $50K GTD - 12:00 ET
TCOOP-25: $82 Stud (Turbo) $25K GTD - 14:00 ET
TCOOP-26: $700 NL Hold'em (Turbo, Ultra-Deep) $700K GTD - 16:00 ET
TCOOP-27: $27+R NL Hold'em (2x Turbo) $200K GTD - 18:00
Ready to sign up for PokerStars and begin your own TCOOP campaign? Click here to get an account.
Leader Board after 23 events
Finally a look at the current leader board standings after 23 events, nearly half way in the 50 tournament series.
Check back on the PokerStars Blog as the day goes on for each result, and find everything there is to know about the Championship on the TCOOP homepage. Then check back here tomorrow for the round-up of the day, as well as what's up next in TCOOP 2016. As always send your thoughts and comments to us on Twitter @PokerStarsBlog.com.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.