TCOOP 2017: Big day for Lena900 as Championship reaches final stages
The news for Friday; in the last TCOOP update before the final weekend we report on the latest winners along with the changes in the leader board which could prove decisive as we approach the end of the Championship. We also look ahead to what's coming up today, and across the weekend.
The headlines from the ninth day of TCOOP 2017
This is the last TCOOP update before the final weekend, one that will crown 19 more winners and a Player of the Series.
The highlights of the weekend appear obvious when scanning the tournament schedule. First they'll be Event #61, the $3,000 8-Max High Roller event with a guarantee of $1.5 million. That's followed by Event #62, the $27 two-day event with $1 million guaranteed. Then there's the Main Event, with a $1,000 buy-in and $2.5 guaranteed. In all there's $6.6 million in guaranteed prize pool up for grabs over Saturday and Sunday alone.
Overnight there were five more winners, including titles for Niklas "Lena900" Åstedt and Jonas 'llJaYJaYll' Lauck, which you can read about below. One of them also happens to lead the Player of the Series contest.
Box scores from Day 9
TCOOP-43 ($82 NL Omaha [6-Max, Progressive KO (50%)]) results
Entries: 1,660 (1,112 entries, 548 re-entries)
Prize pool: $124,500 ($62,250 regular; $62,250 bounty)
Places paid: 203
1. Diego "diego_1901" Yonashiro (Peru) $9,452.37 (+$4,571.30 in bounties)
2. Zsipali (Hungary) $6,178.20 (+ $1,364.55 in bounties)
3. Charlottewbb (Norway) $4,038.51 (+ $2,050.67 in bounties)
4. DroNNer (Russia) $2,639.86 (+ $112.50 in bounties)
5. sheikki (Finland) $1,127.97 (+ $128.90 in bounties)
6. Kolmetkunkut (Finland) $1,127.97 (+ $549.56 in bounties)
TCOOP-44: $11+R NL Hold'em [6-Max, Turbo, Splash] results
Entries: 4,580 (12,321 re-buys, 2,351 add-ons)
Prize pool: $192,520
Places paid: 641
1. Niklas "Lena900" Åstedt (Sweden) $27,439.61
2. diw.2303 (Romania) $17,934.77
3. ABORDAGE (Ukraine) $11,723.44
4. PALbICH (Belarus) $7,663.25
5. Serebity_p (Romania) $5,009.25
6. DeamCatchERS (China) $3,274.39
TCOOP-45 ($82 Razz, Turbo) results
Prize pool: $55,350.00
Places paid: 87
1. BigBluffByTJ (Poland) $9,423.27
2. pantau77 (Germany) $6,838.11
3. K123K (Sweden) $4,962.42
4. vitja1234 (Russia) $3,601.22
5. NeilUhta (Russia) $2,613.41
6. NihaoTuhao (China) $1,896.55
7. Petrovich91 (Russia) $1,376.32
8. GARST0NS (United Kingdom) $998.80
TCOOP-46 ($700 NL Hold'em [8-Max, Turbo, Progressive KO (50%)]) results
Prize pool: $792,015 (Regular prize pool: $396,007.50; Bounty prize pool: $396,007.50)
Places paid: 135
1. Jonas 'llJaYJaYll' Lauck (Austria) $62,385.72 + $27,202.71
2. cube.com (Germany) $45,272.96 + $18,387.98 bounty
3. lipe piv (Brazil) $32,854.60 + $7,722.74 bounty
4. RasA86 (Denmark) $23,842.58 + $7,711.05 bounty
5. M@gic_master (Uzbekistan) $17,302.55 + $3,324.98 bounty
6. 88maca88 (Argentina) $12,556.48 + $1,496.24 bounty
7. Duraircwb (U.K.) $9,112.25 + $8,563.09 bounty
8. Penelas08 (U.K.) $6,612.73 + $11,198.39 bounty
TCOOP-47: $27 NL Omaha Hi/Lo 6-Max Turbo
Entries: 2,941 (1,863 entries, 1,078 re-entries)
Prize Pool: $75,000
Places Paid: 401
1. Thomas823 (Netherlands) $10,881.20
2. bokkie87 (Netherlands) $7,111.62
3. MarkHazard74 (United Kingdom) $4,648.68
4. Murilo "Muka82" Figueiredo (Brazil) $3,038.71
5. 777toome (Iceland) $1,986.33
6. Zanos_Goda (Russia) $1,298.40
You can qualify for the TCOOP on PokerStars for as little as a few cents. Start your campaign by opening a PokerStars account.
Current leader board standings
The first new name, almost for the entirety of this year's TCOOP, appeared at the top of the leader board today. Lena900, who won Event #44, moves into top spot with a 35 point lead over former leader caprioli (who we interviewed earlier this week) going into the final three days.
You can check out the leader board in full on the TCOOP homepage.
Vaguely interesting TCOOP facts so far
• AcePheres is still the new highest earner from TCOOP 2017, with $108,888.53 (no change from yesterday, or the day before).
• ImluckNuts still has the most number of cashes, up five more from yesterday to 23. That's now nine ahead of mikal12345.
• Lena900's win was his third final table of this year's TCOOP, one more final table appearance than anyone else.
• Brazilian players have amassed the most prize money, up to $1,003,967. But while Brazilian players can claim 30 final table appearances, the Canadians are now tied with Russia for the most with 31.
• With Lena900's win Sweden now has six TCOOP wins this year, one more than second placed Brazil with five.
For more facts and figures from this year's TCOOP series, check out the TCOOP statistics page.
Coming up on Friday
• TCOOP-48: $82 NL Draw [Turbo], $25,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-49: $215 NL Hold'em [6-Max, Turbo], $200,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-50: $215 NL Hold'em [Turbo, Ante Up, Progressive KO (50%)], $100,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-51: $82 FL Hold'em [6-Max, Turbo], $25,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-52: $700 NL Hold'em [Turbo, Progressive KO (33%)], $500,000 Guaranteed
Coming up this weekend
• TCOOP-53: $215 HORSE [Turbo], $25,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-54: $215 PL Omaha [Turbo, Heads-Up], $50,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-55: $82 NL Hold'em [Turbo, Mix-Max, Part 3: 3-Max], $100,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-56: Players' Voice #2 (NLO/8)
• TCOOP-57: $215 NL Omaha Hi/Lo [6-Max, Hyper-Turbo, Ultra-Deep, Win the Button], $50,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-58: $82 NL Hold'em [Turbo, Saturday Speedway SE], $150,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-59: $215 NL Hold'em [Turbo, Ultra-Deep], $200,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-60: $700 Eight-Game [Turbo], $75,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-61: $3,000 NL Hold'em [8-Max, Turbo, High-Roller], $1,500,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-62: $27 NL Hold'em [Turbo, Day 2], $1,000,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-63: $1,000 NL Hold'em Main Event [Turbo], $2,500,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-63-L: $27 NL Hold'em Main Event [Turbo, Low-Stakes Edition], $250,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-64: $11+R NL Hold'em [6-Max, Turbo, Big Splash], $200,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-65: $700 NL Hold'em [6-Max, Hyper-Turbo, Ultra-Deep], $500,000 Guaranteed
The final weekend of TCOOP means the Main Event is in sight. It starts this Sunday and features a $2,500,000 guaranteed prize pool, the first prize of which is guaranteed to make the return to work Monday morning, well, debatable.
What's more we'll be adding five TCOOP Main Event seats (worth a total of $5,000) to our January VIP Bash. This tournament takes place tomorrow, January 28, at 13:00 ET as part of VIP Super Saturday and will have a buy-in of 5,000 StarsCoin. You can qualify for the VIP Bash for as little as 50 StarsCoin and there will be plenty of feeder satellites for 500 and 1,000 StarsCoin that are already running.
There are 360 registered so far, making for at least 23 seats. We'll have a full report on the Main Event on Monday.
You can find details of each of these events on the TCOOP homepage as well as details on how to play and/or win your seat to every TCOOP Main Event.
Get some poker in the ears!
"James and Joe were hoping to be joined by Liv Boeree on this week's podcast, but she rather inconveniently made a deep run in the £2k High Roller at the PokerStars Festival London, so, instead, they take a look at the categories in this year's American Poker Awards. Joe is a member of the nominating panel, and is able to reveal some of the names on the shortlist. He also appeals for YOUR help in deciding who to vote for!
"As promised on the last episode, the boys review some of the TV shows and movies they've watched recently, including 'Westworld' and 'The Night Of', and James reveals he "quite enjoyed" an atrocious film that practically everyone else in the world hated. Finally, Poland is the subject of this week's 'Superfan vs Stapes' contest, as Sebastian Mojko competes for a #PSCPanama satellite ticket and a hoodie. #PokerInTheEars
If you liked this...
• More live coverage on the Blog, this time from the PokerStars Festival London
The PokerStars Festival London is in full swing at the Hippodrome. Our reporters are on the scene with regular reports from the tournament floor, which you can read here.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog. Follow him on Twitter: @StephenBartley. Don't forget to follow the Blog on twitter: @PokerStarsBlog.