TCOOP 2017: More results in, even more to come this weekend
Five more events played in TCOOP and a good day for Sweden, with two winners _pippzor_, and Ector. There were also titles for monzemann, DannyDawkins and letsgodody. Meanwhile sim.sut nudges ahead on the leader board despite not yet winning a title. Five more events feature today, with another 12 taking place over the weekend.
The headlines from the second day of TCOOP 2017
We've only played two days of the championship and already it feels we're deep into the TCOOP schedule. Five new champions kind of made that point yesterday, but each one is worthy of their own moment of the sun, which we've tried to do on the Blog. No two tournaments are ever alike, and the same goes for the final table reports that you can read on the blog.
It was a good day for Sweden, one of the power houses of poker from the olden days. They got two winners in the shape of _pippzor_ and Ector. Russian players have in the past dominated COOP series and they got their first win in Event #8 where letsgodody finished best. DannyDawkins of Germany earned his first title while monzemann of Austria picked up one of the day's biggest prizes of more than $48,000 with bounties added in Event #6.
The highlight of those, at least from a curiosity point of view, was Event #8, a 100 per cent bounties event. No reason to hang on until the bubble, no reason to slow play, no reason to cut a deal. The prize money came purely from the bounties of those you knocked out. Weirdly, that also made it possible to win the whole tournament and come away with just one bounty. That didn't happen though, as you can read about in Alex Villegas's report.
You'll find the full results of each event below.
Box scores from Day 2
TCOOP-06 ($215 NL Hold'em [Progressive KO (33%)]) results
Prize pool: $413,600 ($275,726.44 regular; $137,873.56 bounties)
Places paid: 260
1. monzemann (Austria) $41,176.68 (+ $7,126.50 in bounties)
2. MrLuckDragon (Russia) $29,880.97 (+ $4,819.01)
3. santi.shrek (Uruguay) $21,684.64 (+ $2,207.70)
4. Stoqnov303 (Bulgaria) $21,684.64 (+ $2,253.13)
5. Grekzorba (Poland) $15,736.56 (+$3,596.66)
6. turistlituan (United Kingdom) $8,267.50 (+$3,258.68)
7. venced0r (Germany) $6,014.25 (+$3,395.91)
8. G1a1u1s1s (Brazil) $4,364.55 (+ $1,899.38)
9. 3xcited (Canada) $3,167.35 (+ $1,541.58)
TCOOP-07: $82 PL Omaha [6-Max, Turbo, Win The Button] results
Prize pool: $97,875
Places paid: 167
1. DannyDawkins (Germany) $15,168.67
2. Rafael "R_Caiaffa" Caiaffa (Brazil) $9,914.88
3. Ahhh Is It? (United Kingdom) $6,481.08
4. zilbeee (Brazil) $4,236.50
5. Limwonster (Germany) $2,769.29
6. KingOfTheSWC (Switzerland) $1,810.21
TCOOP-08 ($82 NL Hold'em 6-Max, Turbo, Progressive KO 100%) results
Prize pool: $616,425.00
1. letsgodody (Russia) $15,876.69 in bounties
2. giadze1 (Lithuania) $4,116.26
3. Denis4491 (Russia) $6,514.34
4. slinky81 (United Kingdom) $1,011.84
5. JPMalicia (Brazil) $9,951.43
6. XLuffyXC (Bolivia) $2,747.10
TCOOP-09: $82 NL Omaha Hi/Lo 6-Max - $50,000 Guaranteed
Prize Pool: $83,850
Places Paid: 143
1. _pippzor_ (Sweden) $12,179.58*
2. sprocketsAA (Mexico) $9,858.74*
3. monopoI (Germany) $5,704.93
4. ksieciunio97 (Poland) $3,733.52
5. otitov (Russia) $2,443.35
6. korjae (Canada) $1,599.01
* denotes heads-up deal
TCOOP-10 ($320 NL Hold'em [Turbo, Fat Thursday SE]) results
Entries: 2,059 (1,553 entries; 506 re-entries)
Prize pool: $617,700.00
Places paid: 260
1. Ector (Sweden) $70,263.97*
2. fronk_donk (Poland) $50,906.64*
3. pardal1 (Brazil) $49,357.86*
4. p€troceli (Hungary) $54,473.76*
5. nicusordej (Romania) $43,602.06*
6. bah23 (Bulgaria) $18,566.20
7. fengikareh (Netherlands) $13,473.51
8. OLD TIME GIN (Canada) $9,777.75
9. shibonimo (Canada) $7,095.70
* Denotes a five-way deal
You can qualify for the TCOOP on PokerStars for as little as a few cents. Start your campaign by opening a PokerStars account.
Current leader board standings
As hinted at earlier it was all change at the top of the leader board, but only just. Sim.sut of the UK leads with 115 points by virtue of some deep runs rather than a title. He's 10 points ahead of PeroQmaloSoy, another non-winner with 105 points. Then follow the winners.
Here's how things look at the top.
You can check out the leader board in full on the TCOOP homepage.
Coming up this weekend
By Monday morning there will be 17 more TCOOP winners. Here's how things look going into the weekend.
• TCOOP-11: $82 PL Omaha [6-Max, Turbo, Progressive KO (50%)], $50,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-12: $82 NL Hold'em [6-Max, Turbo, Shootout], $50,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-13: $27+R NL Hold'em [Turbo, Win the Button], $100,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-14: $320 NL Hold'em [Zoom, Fast Friday SE], $500,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-15: $82 Stud Hi/Lo [Turbo], $25,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-16: $700 NL Hold'em [Turbo, Zoom, Ultra-Deep], $300,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-17: $7.50+R NL Hold'em [8-Max, Turbo, Big Splash], $150,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-18: $215 NL Hold'em [Turbo, Heads-Up], $100,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-19: $82 NL Hold'em [Turbo], $100,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-20: $82 NL Omaha Hi/Lo [6-Max, Hyper-Turbo], $50,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-21: $27 NL Hold'em [Turbo, Saturday Speedway SE], $75,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-22: $215 NL Omaha Hi/Lo [6-Max, Turbo, Progressive KO (50%)], $50,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-23: $215 NL Hold'em [6-Max, Bubble Rush], $200,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-24: Players' Voice #1 ($215 NLHE PKO)
• TCOOP-25: $700 NL Hold'em [Turbo, Progressive KO (50%)], $750,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-26: $82 PL Omaha [3-Max, Zoom, Progressive KO (50%)], $100,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-27: $215 NL Hold'em [6-Max, Hyper-Turbo, Sunday Supersonic SE], $250,000 Guaranteed
You can find details of each of these events on the TCOOP homepage as well as details on how to play and/or win your seat to every TCOOP Main Event.
If you liked this...
• Poker in the Ears podcast
James and Joe are joined by Matt Broughton once again, to look back at the first ever PokerStars Championship in the Bahamas. The boys reveal what happened at Atlantis after the final card was dealt (spoiler alert: many of Joe's stories involve Tinder), and Matt tells the tale of 'The Hulk, the Bomb and the Corpse'!
Christian Harder is this week's guest, discussing his #PSCBahamas victory and the history of his relationship with runner-up Cliff Josephy. He's also forced to play one of the stupidest games every created by man. Or Stapes. And #PokerStarsTV viewer Christian Obermaier takes on Joe in a game of 'Scrubs' trivia in this week's 'Superfan vs Stapes'. #PokerInTheEars
• How to host the ultimate home game
It's Friday, scientifically proven to be the perfect night for a home game, maybe (other evenings are available). Check out this post about how to host the ultimate one.
• The Best of Tom "Durrr" Dwan
If you haven't already seen it the Top 5 hands played by Tom Dwan is well worth watching, particularly if you want a reminder of where the magic in poker comes from.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog. Follow him on Twitter: @StephenBartley. Don't forget to follow the Blog on twitter: @PokerStarsBlog.