TCOOP 2017: Wins for Leah and LaPlante headline busy Day 8
The news for Thursday; there are now only four more days of TCOOP 2017 left to play, and five more winners were added to the roll call yesterday, including another COOP title for Canadian Mike "goleafsgoeh" Leah. Caprioli is back on top of the leader board for a third time. Meanwhile five more events are scheduled for today.
The headlines from the eighth day of TCOOP 2017
Of the five events that played out yesterday two winners stand out.
The first was Mike "goleafsgoeh" Leah, who won Event #38, which sits nicely alongside his two WCOOP titles, and two SCOOP titles. There aren't many Triple Coop winners in the game but Leah is one of them. Like all good players he did it despite some quality opposition from the likes of Alm "Chillolini" Wilson and Mikal "mikal12345" Blomlie, both of whom reached the final table.
Then there was Ryan "PROTENTIALmn" LaPlante. LaPlante won a WSOP bracelet last year and has reached multiple COOP finals in the past. But it wasn't until Event #39 that he he scored his first COOP. Like Leah he too had some difficult opponents to get past, including Fabrizio "SixthSenSe19" Gonzalez, one of the best online players in the game right now.
Check out the full results of those, and the other events from Day 8, below.
Box scores from Day 8
TCOOP-38 ($82 NL Single Draw 2-7) results
Entries: 503 (353 entries, 150 re-entries)
Prize pool: $37,725
Places paid: 62
1. Mike "goleafsgoeh" Leah (Canada) $6,707.46
2. Alm "Chillolini" Wilson (Norway) $4,826.15
3. MrMaximize (Mexico) $3,472.75
4. Niklas "Lena900" Åstedt (Sweden) $2,498.88
5. Chief0r (Austria) $1,798.12
6. Mikal "mikal12345" Blomlie (Norway) $1,293.87
7. Kashmir_uzi (United Kingdom) $931.03
TCOOP-39: $215 NL Hold'em [6-Max, Turbo, Shootout, Progressive KO (50%)] results
Prize pool: $181,000 ($90,500 regular prize pool, $90,500 bounty prize pool)
Places paid: 216
1. Ryan "PROTENTIALmn" LaPlante (Canada) $14,480 + $5,606.58 in bounties
2. sincinaty118 (Ireland) $10,860 + $2,867.93 in bounties
3. batmanuga01 (Russia) $8,145 + $2,382.79 in bounties
4. Fabrizio "SixthSenSe19" Gonzalez (Uruguay) $5,430 + $3,087.09 in bounties
5. Carlos "Poeira4" Branco (Netherlands) $3,620 + $1,692.57 in bounties
6. SuperdupaMAN (Norway) $2,244.40 + $2,288.27 in bounties
TCOOP-40 ($700 PL Omaha, 6-Max, Turbo) results
Prize pool: $228,760.00
Places paid: 35
1. abeainy (Lebanon) $41,250.10*
2. nafnaf_funny (Russia) $33,060.83*
3. BlackFortuna (Germany) $22,428.52
4. wizowizo (Germany) $16,162.92
5. will n. los (United Kingdom) $11,647.65
6. G's zee (Canada) $8,393.82
* denotes a two-way deal that left $4,575 for first
TCOOP-41: $82 NL Hold'em Big Antes Turbo
Prize Pool: $336,600
Places Paid: 548
1. Jmm256 (United Kingdom) $31,264.25*
2. PokinStaR (Canada) $33,790.37*
3. jimbarbas(Greece) $28,076.24*
4. Lachsvegas (Germany) $23,817.20*
5. enibas888 (Germany) $17,961.19*
6. FDBtazz (F.Y.R.O.M) $8,484.91
7. twirlpro (Hungary) $5,999.72
8. ShipitFTW911 (Sweden) $4,242.40
9. aless_84 (Uruguay) $2,999.81
* denotes five-way deal
TCOOP-42 ($27 NL Omaha Hi/Lo [6-Max, Day 2]) results
Prize pool: $150,000.00
Places paid: 851
1. rodajc90 (Netherlands) $15,095.71*
2. CupiRuleZ (Germany) $10,998.05*
3. The Milch666 (Australia) $9,191.66*
4. kasein (Estonia) $13,754.26*
5. D_T_G_7777 (Japan) $3,504.48
6. DoItForBella (Canada) $2,231.52
* denotes a four-way deal
You can qualify for the TCOOP on PokerStars for as little as a few cents. Start your campaign by opening a PokerStars account.
Current leader board standings
After several days of two players battling for top spot caprioli has nudged ahead once more, with Mikal "mikal12345" Blomlie moving into second place. Here's how things look at the top today.
You can check out the leader board in full on the TCOOP homepage.
Vaguely interesting TCOOP facts so far
• AcePheres is still the new highest earner from TCOOP 2017, with $108,888.53 (no change from yesterday).
• ImluckNuts still has the most number of cashes, up two from yesterday to 18. That's five ahead of mikal12345.
• Brazilian players have amassed the most prize money, up to $919,613. They no longer top the most final table category however. Brazilian players can claim 28 appearances, but Canadians now lead with 30.
For more facts and figures from this year's TCOOP series, check out the TCOOP statistics page.
Coming up on Thursday
• TCOOP-43: $82 NL Omaha [6-Max, Turbo, Progressive KO (50%)], $50,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-44: $11+R NL Hold'em [6-Max, Turbo, Splash], $150,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-45: $82 Razz [Turbo], $25,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-46: $700 NL Hold'em [8-Max, Turbo, Progressive KO (50%)], $500,000 Guaranteed
• TCOOP-47: $27 NL Omaha Hi/Lo [6-Max, Turbo], $75,000 Guaranteed
You can find details of each of these events on the TCOOP homepage as well as details on how to play and/or win your seat to every TCOOP Main Event.
If you liked this...
• More live coverage on the Blog, this time from the PokerStars Festival London
The PokerStars Festival London is in full swing at the Hippodrome. Our reporters are on the scene with regular reports from the tournament floor, which you can read here.
• Top 5 Phil Hellmuth meltdowns
As we posted yesterday, Phil Hellmuth is the players we either love to hate, or hate to love. His performances are typically exceptional, but his meltdowns are out of this world, as our latest Top 5 video shows.
• Team Perkins in the Bahamas
Dan Jones got to be a part of Team Perkins at this year's PokerStars Championship Bahamas event, and tells his story of what sounded like an incredible experience. It's in two parts, and both are great fun to read, which you can do here and here). One even features a bikini, although it's Dan wearing it.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog. Follow him on Twitter: @StephenBartley. Don't forget to follow the Blog on twitter: @PokerStarsBlog.