WCOOP 2015: Looking ahead to a packed weekend
We're into Day 6 of WCOOP 2015. Here's the latest update with 16 events now started.
--Ojski1988 from Poland wins Event #11 and a first prize of more than $56,000 (not to mention bounties) in the Progressive Super KO.
--Ti0373 won his third WCOOP bracelet by winning Event #12, in the process denying Dzmitry "Colisea" Urbanovich his fourth COOP title.
--Hookah17 won his first bracelet in Event #13, the 500th ever WCOOP tournament, earning a first prize of $40,898.
Round up of latest results
It was a good day for Poland, and it was another good day for their young star Dzmitry
Midas "Colisea" Urbanovich. Alas, he didn't win a fourth title, but he did finish third in Event #12, accumulating enough points to top the Player of the Series leader board going into the weekend.
Instead the event, the NL Draw Championship, was won by Russian player Ti0373, who earned his third WCOOP bracelet, joining an exclusive group of five players to have earned three or more (djk123 still tops that list with 4).
But back to Poland, Events #11 and #13 both went their way.
In Event #11 Ojski1988 bagged his first WCOOP title and a first prize of $56,035.19 (plus $14,330.24 in bounties) in a Progressive Super KO format, having turned down a deal. Meanwhile in Event #13 Hookah17 was doing the victory dance, picking up a first prize of 40989 in the heads-up event, which was also the 500th WCOOP event ever held. Worth remembering for when the Social Media teams need a contest question.
Here are the scores in full:
Event #11: $215 NL Hold'em (Progressive Super-Knockout)
Prize pool: $356,900
Bounty prize pool: $356,900
Places paid: 450
1. Ojski1988 (Poland) $56,035.19 + $14,330.24 in bounties
2. live@pompeii (Mexico) $41,757.30 + $7,046.71 in bounties
3. mumu12345 (Germany) $29,622.70 + $7,267.71 in bounties
4. N4cho_Scocco (Greece) $20,521.75 + $5,542.74 in bounties
5. maax45 (Brazil) $15,278.88 + $5,963.25 in bounties
6. bozaking (Serbia) $11,599.25 + $2,553.12 in bounties
7. Magdebob1993 (Germany) $8,030.25 + $3,963.25 in bounties
8. Juu-Sock (Denmark) $4,461.25 + $4,996.45 in bounties
9. marinko17 (Bosnia and Herzegovina) $2,855.20 + $1,462.50 in bounties
Event #12: $700 NL Draw Championship
Prize pool: $78,470
Places paid: 18
1. Ti0373 (Russia) $20,402.23
2. KaptianKush (Canada) $13,732.25
3. Dzmitry 'Colisea' Urbanovich (Poland) $10,201.10
4. llambias (Argentina) $6,669.95
5. KornmeisterX (Germany) $5,100.55
6. Vladimir 'GVOZDIKA55' Shchemelev (Russia) $3,531.15
Event #13: $320 NL Hold'em (Heads-Up)
Prize Pool: $306,300
Places Paid: 128
1. Hookah17 (Poland) $40,898.63 *
2. mandza17 (Croatia) $34,898.63 *
3. CMoosepower (Denmark) $14,736.09
4. SashaWSoP (Russia) $14,736.09
5. Fartojop333 (Russia) $8,208.84
6. m1ronO (Ukraine) $8,208.84
7. salta44 (Argentina) $8,208.84
8. VeGeTTo89 (United Kingdom) $8,208.84
* denotes a deal between the final two players that left $6,000 in play for the winner
For all the WCOOP 2015 results so far, check out our aptly named WCOOP results page, which also has links to all final table reports.
Coming up today
Plenty on the cards today and indeed over the weekend, with a total of ten events set to start between now and Monday.
Event 17: $665 NL Hold'em (6-max, 3-stack) 11.00 ET
Event 18: $1,000 7-Card Stud Hi/Lo Championship 14.00 ET
Event 19: $300 NL Hold'em (Turbo Zoom) 17.00 ET
Event 20: $100 NL Hold'em (Optional re-entry) 11.00 ET
Event 21: $250 NL Hold'em (Progressive Super KO) 14.00 ET
Event 22: $1,000 NL Omaha Hi/Lo Championship (6-Max) 17.00 ET
Event 23: $161.75 PL Omaha (knockout) 08.00 ET
Event 24: $200 NL Hold'em (Sunday Warm-Up, SE) 11.00 ET
Event 25: $10,000 NL Hold'em (8-max, Optional re-entry, High Roller) 12.30 ET
Event 26: $665 NL Hold'em 14.30 ET
There are also four events playing to a close today.
Event 14: NL hold'em (Big Antes, Optional re-buys)
Event 15: PL Omaha (1R1A)
Event 16: NL Hold'em (Progressive Super KO, Thursday Thrill SE)
Event 19, which starts later, is a Turbo Zoom, also ending later today.
Video of the Day
More action from WCOOP, this time from Event #9, $1,015 NL Hold'em.
If that's stirred you into opening a PokerStars account yourself, you can do so by clicking here. Not only will you have access to the full WCOOP schedule, but you can enter any one of the WCOOP satellites now running. Get all the details you'll need on the WCOOP homepage.
Well, in hindsight we should have seen this coming. After his second place in Event #12 yesterday Dzmitry "Colisea" Urbanovich, is top of the WCOOP leader board (he also happens to be fourth in the EPT leader board, which he won last season). Urbanovich has 145 points (from 5 cashes), ahead of previous leader reidir on 130 (3 cashes).
To prove we're not making this up you can find all the leader board details right here
Quote of the day
"For this I played in a luxurious standard issue plastic garden chair supplemented with plush couch pillows."
- Peter "RcknTheSbrbs" Nigh, winner of Event #1, on his WCOOP preparations. Read the interview with Nigh on the PokerStars Blog.
Today's dubious fact
Dzmitry "Colisea" Urbanovich nearly became the first man to top the EPT and wCOOP leader boards simultaneously, but dropped from first to fourth place on the EPT standings in the latter stages of EPT Barcelona.
To the weekend!
That's almost the first week of WCOOP in the can. Find out everything there is to know about the Championship on the WCOOP homepage, and good luck to everyone playing this weekend, whether in WCOOP or other events. Send us your thoughts and comments to us on Twitter: @PokerStars Blog.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.