WCOOP 2016: Hold'em center stage for Day 2
Not yet at full speed, but out of first gear
Attention turns back to hold'em on the second day of play in WCOOP 2016. Four new WCOOP winners headline the day, with Perfect1232 coming out best, winning the Sunday Million special edition and collecting more than $231,000. There were also wins for shamthedon, pablotenisis and CalmRevolver.
Box scores from Day 2
Below you'll find the numbers from the four events played out today. Full results from each event can be found via the PokerStars tournament lobby.
WCOOP-02 ($215 NL Hold'em) results
Total prize pool: $1,354,200
Places paid: 833
1. pablotenisis (Mexico) $132,053*
2. mashenka86 (Germany) $122,899.77*
3. tua133 (United Kingdom) $97,341.14*
4. Jayshosefat (Australia) $99,949.18*
5. valitopkr (Uruguay) $34,553.36
6. ImRichAreU? (United Kingdom) $22,494.20
* denotes four-way deal
WCOOP-04 ($215 NL Hold'em, Sunday Million SE) results
Total Entries: 10,228 (7,415 entries, 2,813 re-entries)
Prize pool: $2,045,600
Places paid: 1,268
1. Perfect1232 (Hungary) $231,369.97*
2. Smertvich (Russia) $193,412.10*
3. king2173 (Austria) $174,914.65*
4. Pipin811 (Argentina) $94,455.17
5. veyrassois (Switzerland) $66,285.82
6. kbp00 (South Korea) $46,517.55
7. ruffianace (Canada) $32,644.70
8. swordfish007 (Austria) $22,909.28
9. dani aziz (Brazil) $16,076.98
*denotes three-way deal.
WCOOP-07 ($700 NL Hold'em, 8-Max, Progressive KO) results
Prize pool: $592,515.00
Bounty Prize pool: $592,515.00
Places paid: 215
1. CalmRevolver (Russia) $89,677.03 + $37,058.29
2. relmat (Canada) $64,477.60 + $3,678.26
3. OMGitshunt (Belarus) $46,359.97 + $6,561.62
4. 1BigAceHole (Australia) $33,333.17 + $19,342.93
5. fviana (Brazil) $23,966.81 + $6,182.36
6. deathNtaxes2 (Denmark) $17,232.35 + $23,339.07
7. Lavrik-mastr (Kazakhstan) $12,390.19 + $4,187.39
8. TheFan83 (Austria) $8,908.64 + $14,288.29
WCOOP 2016: Event #8, $700 PL Omaha (3-Max, Progressive KO (25%), Zoom) results
Prize pool: $393,015 ($294,651 regular prize pool, $98,253.75 bounty prize pool)
Places paid: 68
1. shamthedon (United Kingdom) $53,453.07 + $6,769.12 in bounties
2. Vladimir "vovtroy" Troyanovskiy (Russia) $30,860.91 + $2,015.67 in bounties
3. s00tedj0kers (Costa Rica) $17,717.55 + $5,197.63 in bounties
You can qualify for the WCOOP on PokerStars for as little as a few cents. Start your campaign by opening a PokerStars account.
Current leader board standings
With five events now complete there's a little more meaning to the current leader board, not much, and there's no real change, but enough to include it here.
Connor "blanconegro" Drinan collected five points today thanks to a 725th place finish in Event #2, to nudge his current score up to 105 points. Not a lot you might think but more than enough to leave him the single occupier of top spot, and five points clear of four players on 100 points. They are also known as the four winners from today.
Coming up today
The WCOOP programme is slowly gathering speed. Three more events begin today with two more coming to a close.
WCOOP-09: $1,050 NL Single Draw 2-7 Championship, $100,000 Guaranteed
WCOOP-10: $1,050 NL Hold'em [Super Tuesday SE], $1,000,000 Guaranteed
WCOOP-11: $320 FL Omaha Hi/Lo [8-Max], $50,000 Guaranteed
WCOOP-01: $109 NL Hold'em [WCOOP Kickoff, Day 2]
27 players left, and a first prize of $205,000. German player wizowizo leads.
WCOOP-06: $215+R NL Hold'em [6-Max]
19 players remain, led by eisenhower1. The winner receives more than $72,000.
You can find details of each of these events on the WCOOP homepage as well as details on how to play and/or win your seat to every WCOOP Main Event.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog. Follow him on Twitter: @StephenBartley.