Satellite qualifiers flocking to WCOOP Main Event
Well, well, well. This is shaping up to be one very interesting World Championship of Online Poker Main Event.
As you probably know by now, the big daddy of the WCOOP series is the $10 million guaranteed Main Event. It was always bound to draw a crowd if only for the guaranteed $1.5 million first prize. But word from PokerStars HQ is that there are more than a few satellite qualifiers already getting themselves prepared for a big Sunday.
Listen, we know the $5,200 buy-in seems out of reach most recreational bankrolls. That doesn't mean there aren't going to be a whole lot of weekend warriors in the field.
As of this morning, this is what the qualifying situation looked like for the Main Event:
· 50 $5,200 WCOOP Main Event tickets awarded in Stars Rewards chests
· 36 players have won entry into the WCOOP Main Event via Spin & Go
· 134 players have won entry via the daily $55 satellite with a $5,200 seat added
· 85 players have won entry via other satellites
And that's just as of today. It's what? Tuesday? We still have five days of qualifying satellites to go.
We asked the people in the WCOOP office (who we're pretty sure are living on nothing but coffee and Ryvita) what we can expect for qualifiers in the next few days. Here's what they told us:
· Players can still win a seat for as little as $3.30 by qualifying for the daily $55 satellite with a $5,200 seat added
· There's a Mega satellite on Saturday @ 15:30 ET with 10 seats guaranteed
· There are man other opportunities to qualify directly beginning at the $27 Spin & Go level or $215 in MTT satellites
· PokerStars will continue to award WCOOP tickets in chests until Sunday
So, while we know the prize pool will be at least $10 million, well...why don't you just take a guess at what the final prize pool will be. Let us know what your guess is at our Twitter account: @PokerStarsBlog.
Brad Willis is the PokerStars Head of Blogging. Follow him on Twitter: @BradWillis.