WCOOP 2017: Deep run for Akkari headlines Day 11
Three more winners today and a deep run for Team Pro Andre Akkari, but also PSMozak, which keeps them top of the leader board as we approach the half way stage of this year's Championship.
The headlines from Thursday
A couple of weeks ago Andre Akkari narrowly missed out on winning the PokerStars Championship Barcelona main event, finishing in fifth place. Last night he narrowly missed out on a WCOOP event, finishing in fourth.
The result, which came in the fixed-limit Badugi, was worth $7125 to the Brazilian, in an event eventually won by paaskebaesen of Norway. You can read the story of that event here.
Elsewhere there were wins for IlDepredator in WCOOP 37 (Team Pro Jeff Gross finished sixth in that one), and plspaythxbye in WCOOP-33. Click through the links below for those stories.
Box scores from Day 11
WCOOP-33-H: $530 PLO (4-Max, Progressive KO)
Entries: 1,088 (606 entries, 482 re-entries)
Prize pool: $544,000 ($272,000 regular, $272,000 bounty)
Places paid: 136
1. plspaythxbye (Ukraine) $47,093.99* + $30,752.22
2. onlymtt748 (China) $35,738.17* + $15,447.62
3. cmontopdeck (Germany) $18,161.44 + $8,257.54
4. smir9david (Germany) $11,081.28 + $1,875.00
WCOOP-36-H: $1,050 FL Badugi
Prize pool: $75,000
Place paid: 12
1. paaskebaesen (Norway) $20,437.50
2. sprocketsAA (Mexico) $13,875.00
3. PSMozak (Bulgaria) $10,500.00
4. Andre "aakari" Akkari (Brazil) $7,125.00
5. silna_rakia (Bulgaria) $5,250.00
6. secky0222 (Japan) $3,187.50
7. bedias (Brazil) $3,187.50
8. Fresh_oO_D (Germany) $2,437.50
WCOOP-37-H: $215 No Limit Hold'em [6-Max, Zoom]
Entries: 2,731 (1,726 entries, 1,005 re-entries)
Prize pool: $546,200
Places paid: 323
1. IlDepredator (Uruguay) $79,872.83
2. kleath (Malta) $55,651.66
3. Korpieworm (Canada) $38,776.54
4. Gustavo "PIUlimeira" Ferreira (Brazil) $27,018.38
5. Romans "RovoDice" Voitovs (Lithuania) $18,825.65
6. Team PokerStars Pro's Jeff "JeffGross" Gross (Canada) $13,117.21
7. Akira "Clutch Hero" Ohyama (Indonesia) $9,139.67
You can qualify for the WCOOP on PokerStars for as little as a few cents. What's stopping you? Start your campaign by opening a PokerStars account.
Current leader board standings
As mentioned PSMozak had a deep run that kept them top of the leader board, 20 points ahead of second place ImluckNuts. Former leader Mike "goleafsgoeh" Leah drops to third.
Don't forget you can check out the leader board in full on the WCOOP homepage.
Coming up on Thursday
Three events get started today, including the Thursday Thrill special edition, with a $1 million guarantee. Meanwhile two more event conclude, among them the Super Tuesday special edition.
WCOOP-38: $215 NLHE [6-Max], $250K Gtd
WCOOP-40: $530 5-Card PLO [6-Max], $200K Gtd
WCOOP-39: $1,050 NLHE [8-Max, Progressive KO, Thursday Thrill SE], $1M Gtd
WCOOP-34-H $1,050 NLHE [8-Max, Super Tuesday SE], $1M Gtd
Just six players remain when this one, which plays on as we write. Girafganger7 leads with an enormous chip lead. There's a first prize of nearly $200,000 up for grabs.
WCOOP-35-H $530 NLHE, $500K Gtd
Down to a last 85 players from a starting field of 1,348. Mysters_Y leads with $105,000 for first place. Play restarts at 6pm (1pm ET).
You can find details of each of these events on the WCOOP homepage as well as details on how to play and/or win your seat to every WCOOP Main Event.
Something you didn't know about ElkY: A piece published yesterday gets to those questions you always wanted to ask. Why ElkY? Why that capital Y? And can he speak Korean? Well worth a read, which you can do here.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog. Follow him on Twitter: @StephenBartley. What did you think about this post? Let us know on Twitter: @PokerStarsBlog.