WCOOP 2017: The headlines from Day 10
Day 10 of the World Championship of Online Poker brings with it three new winners and a new leader in the Player of the Series contest. There's also an interview iwth WCOOP-15 winner "great dant".
The headlines on Wednesday
There were wins for kekkhou, nsmirnov and DSmunichlife since yesterday, the latter being the biggest in Event 30. DSmunichlife picked up 52,700 for first place but another $37,000 in bounties, which is not bad for a Tuesday.
Results, with links to each final table report, are listed below.
Box scores from Day 10
WCOOP-29-H: $2,100 NLO8 (6-Max)
Prize pool: $238,000
Places paid: 14
1. Kekkhou (Finland) $53,504.90
2. gunner9696 (India) $41,035.53
3. Beeethoven87 (Poland) $31,472.19
4. Unkn0wn123 (Uruguay) $24,137.57
5. chickensssss (Canada) $18,512.30
6. Chris "PokinStaR" Alcindor (Canada) $14,198.00
WCOOP-30-H: $215 NLHE (Progressive KO)
Prize pool: $737,200 ($368,600 regular, $368,600 bounty)
Places paid: 467
1. DSmunichlife (Germany) $52,722.77 + $37,397.61 in bounties
2. Ruis Maker (Brazil) $37,279.50 + $2,600.00
3. thegr8str8 (Hungary) $26,360.61 + $3,769.33
4. Regis "capotinha" Kogler (Brazil) $18,639.77 + $9,287.03
5. wisopekeño! (Malta) $13,180.28 + $485.94
6. Jeremy "EndlessJ" Menard (Canada) $9,319.86 + $3,316.01
7. paniaguamos (Hungary) $6,590.12 + $2,036.73
8. daltonhb (Brazil) $4,659.91 + $1,209.38
9. remenyrabja (Hungary) $3,295.02 + $900.00
WCOOP-32-H: $530 NLHE [6-Max]
Prize pool: $365,500
Places paid: 95
1. nsmirnov (Russia) $62,040.83
2. Vchama (Canada) $43,682.87
3. chicobolinho (Brazil) $30,757.19
4. LUFCBas (U.K.) $21,656.20
5. Kelvin_FP:AR (Brazil) $15,248.18
6. oshiMoshi84 (Netherlands) $10,736.30
7. teruliro (Ireland) $8,549.30
You can qualify for the WCOOP on PokerStars for as little as a few cents. What's stopping you? Start your campaign by opening a PokerStars account.
Current leader board standings
There's a new leader in the Player of the Year standings. PSMozak now tops the table with 345 points, ten clear of former leader Mike "goleafsgoeh" Leah on 335.
You can check out the leader board in full on the WCOOP homepage.
Coming up on Wednesday
Three new events get started, and two more conclude. We've now completed 32 events, with 49 left to play.
WCOOP-35: $530 NLHE, $500K Gtd
WCOOP-36: $1,050 FL Badugi, $50K Gtd
WCOOP-37: $215 NLHE (6-Max, Zoom), $250K Gtd
WCOOP-33: $530 PLO (4-Max, Progressive KO), $250K Gtd
klappmongo leads the remaining 23 players. The Swede is in pole position for the first prize of $51,000 and already has nearly $5,000 locked up in bounties. Play restarts at 3pm (10am ET).
WCOOP-34: $1,050 NLHE (8-Max, Super Tuesday, SE), $1M Gtd
girafganger7 of Belgium leads with nearly $200,000 available for first place. Some 69 players, or a field of 1,260 will return when play restarts at 7pm (2pm ET).
You can find details of each of these events on the WCOOP homepage as well as details on how to play and/or win your seat to every WCOOP Main Event.
Bruno "great dant" Volkmann finds stardom on his own terms: As referenced earlier we spoke to Bruno "great dant" Volkmann about his WCOOP win last week. What we got was an interview about his poker career, but with a lot more to boot. It's a fascinating piece, written by Bard Willis, and highly recommended. Grab some coffee and read it here.
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog. Follow him on Twitter: @StephenBartley. What did you think about this post? Let us know on Twitter: @PokerStarsBlog.