WCOOP 2017: Isildur1 among the day's winner as we reach Day 18
Seriously, if you haven't won a WCOOP title this year yet get a move on. There are now only four more days of tournament to play remaining. Read on for the latest results, including that of the special edition Super Tuesday.
The headlines for Thursday
The special edition Super Tuesday was won by Tankanza of Sweden, who collected a first prize of $230,000 after a two-way deal with second placed Pimmss, who took home $206,000. Pauly McGuire had the final table report of that one, which includes the phrase "gluttonous and insatiable". It's well worth reading.
Elsewhere there were wins for etxnl01 in the Win The Button event, miikka84 in the Courcheval (I know, I know... find out what it is here).
Then there was the familiar sight of Viktor "Isildur1" Blom causing problems for people in the HORSE event, which he won to record a first WCOOP title (to go with a bundle of other COOPs). Jason Kirk had the report on the final table, which featured some of the game's most accomplished players. You can read that here.
Box scores from Day 18
WCOOP-55-H: $215 NLHE [8-Max, Win the Button]
Prize pool: $293,200
Place paid: 175
1. etxnl01 (Netherlands) $45,190.02
2. PhilRoyal888 (United Kingdom) $32,232.00
3. Turko_man (Finland) $22,990.16
4. bernar.serra (Brazil) $16,398.20
5. Giant_Santos (Brazil) $11,696.46
6. PaDiLhA SP (Brazil) $8,342.68
7. OhRaisy_Daisy (Russia) $5,950.61
8. vinnarin777 (Faroe Islands) $4,244.39
9. Sngwonder (United Kingdom) $3,412.14
WCOOP-56-H: $530 Courchevel Hi/Lo, 6-Max
Entries: 298 (178 entries, 120 re-entries)
Prize pool: $149,000
Places paid: 35
1. miikka84 (Finland) $26,798.93*
2. yohanteuber (Morocco) $22,723.03*
3. onmybicycle (Netherlands) $15,626.18
4. Vovan7778 (Russia) $11,582.70
5. krokotopus (Russia) $8,585.51
6. Alex "dynoalot" Difelice (Canada) $6,363.90
* Denotes two-way deal
WCOOP-57-H: $2,100 NLHE [Super Tuesday SE]
Prize pool: $1,452,000
Places paid: 80
1. Tankanza (Austria) $230,740.32*
2. Pimmss (Netherlands) $206,776.72*
3. malinga (Norway) $137,416.84
4. GotURead (Netherlands) $101,559.26
5. molda79 (Canada) $75,058.38
6. hurrrrican3 (Malta) $55,472.64
7. Sanderssi (Finland) $40,997.65
8. Picasso 2 (U.K.) $30,299.75
9. anteen (Sweden) $22,393.32
* Denotes a deal between the final two
WCOOP-58-H: $2,100 HORSE
Entries: 124 (94 entries, 30 re-entries)
Prize pool: $248,000
Places paid: 16
1. Viktor "Isildur1" Blom (Sweden) $60,760
2. GlassOfBeer (Finland) $42,160
3. 7PRS (Canada) $32,240
4. aDrENalin710 (Russia) $22,320
5. aramesko (Russia) $16,120
6. Jussi "calvin7v" Nevanlinna (Finland) $12,400
7. Laszlo "omaha4rollz" Bujtas (Hungary) $9,920
8. Dario "Secret_M0d3" Sammartino (Slovakia) $7,440
You can qualify for the WCOOP on PokerStars for as little as a few cents. What's stopping you? Start your campaign by opening a PokerStars account.
Current leader board standings
Still at the top is PSMozak, who has been there for most of this Championship Series. That lead has narrowed slightly, down to 30 ahead of second placed ImluckNuts, who has also been prolific in scoring results. MITS 304 and Mike "goleafsgoeh" Leah continue to battle it out for third.
You can check out the leader board in full by going to the WCOOP homepage.
Coming up on Thursday
Five new events start today including the $1.5 million guaranteed Thursday Thill and the even bigger High Roller, with $3 million guaranteed. Meanwhile another five events come to a close.
WCOOP-64: $1,050 PLO [6-Max], $400K Gtd
WCOOP-65: $2,100 NLHE [Progressive KO, Thursday Thrill SE], $1.5M Gtd
WCOOP-66: $25,000 NLHE [8-Max, High Roller], $3M Gtd
WCOOP-67: $1,050 Stud, $100K Gtd
WCOOP-68: $215 NLHE [8-Max], $200K Gtd
WCOOP-59-H $530 NLHE [6-Max, Progressive KO]
Down to 62 in this event, led by baaftje01 of Belgium. Play resumes at 3pm (10am ET) with $58,000 awaiting the winner.
WCOOP-60-H $2,100 FL Triple Draw 2-7
Just 7 of 96 players remain, competing for a first prize of $52,000. Chip leader overnight is 1-ronny3 with Bryn Kenney and Mike "SirWatts" Watson among those still in contention. Play restarts at 5pm (12 noon ET).
WCOOP-61-H $2,100 NLHE [Heads-Up]
Eight players remain in this heads-up contest with play restarting at 6pm (1pm ET). Eight will become four, and then two, with the winner picking up a first prize of $76,000.
WCOOP-62-H $530 PLO8 [8-Max]
This one kicks off again at 7:30pm (2:30pm ET). Some 26 players will return, led by bokkie87. First prize is 15 cents short of $38,000.
WCOOP-63-H $215 NLHE
The last event of the day to resume, there are 97 players remaining, each with an eye on the $53,000 first prize. Chip leader right now is jorginho88 of Hungary, but that lead might not last long when play resumes at 9pm (4pm ET).
You can find details of each of these events on the WCOOP homepage as well as details on how to play and/or win your seat to every WCOOP Main Event.
Thehushpuppy making a lot of noise: With two WCOOP wins thehushpuppy is turning a few heads. We don't know much about them, and that includes whether the username refers to the brand of shoe or the southern cornmeal treat. Read more here.
Poker in the Ears ep.99: There's less than a week to go until 'Poker in the Ears LIVE', which means the boys are starting to get the jitters. They kick off Episode 99 - aka: 'The Flake' - with their thoughts on the latest TV dramas and smartphone models, before delving into the world of #WCOOP with Mike "goleafsgoeh" Leah. LISTEN HERE
Stephen Bartley is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog. Follow him on Twitter: @StephenBartley. What did you think about this post? Let us know on Twitter: @PokerStarsBlog.