Women's Sunday's Birthday Freerolls and Photo Competition
This is a great excuse to remind you all that the Women's Sunday is celebrating its second birthday soon! What do we have in store?
• A week of twice-daily freerolls
• Live YouTube 'Hangout' with Team Pros on March 23 at 14:00 ET
• Women's Sunday Birthday Special on March 24 at 14:30 ET
The last of those three items is the Women's Sunday but with $100 bounties on the Team Pros and a $20K guaranteed prize pool. As for the Google Hangout, we'll have more details soon. And the freerolls ... Those are going to be fun!
The freerolls begin on Monday, March 18, and run through Friday, March 22. Each day, there will be two Women's Sunday Birthday Special freerolls (12:00 ET and 15:00 ET), and we will remind you with Twitter announcements each day. Each freeroll will award a $55 Women's Sunday ticket to the winner and $5.50 satellite tickets to everyone else at the final table.
There are even more ways to win satellite tickets and Women's Sunday seats - through the competition we mentioned in the title of this post. (You knew we would get to it, right?)
Photos! We want your photos. Send an original Women's Sunday birthday card or a picture birthday greeting. We will accept entries via email to PokerStarsWomen@PokerStars.com or via Twitter. If you tweet at @PokerStarsWomen, make sure to include your PokerStars screen name and the hashtag #WSbirthday.
All players entering a photo will win one (1) $5.50 satellite ticket. The two (2) best pictures will win $55 Women's Sunday entries and be featured on the March 23 Google Hangout on our PokerStars YouTube channel. The deadline for entries is midnight ET on Wednesday, March 20, and we will announce the winners the next day.
And now, for the legal Terms & Conditions:
• The competition is open from March 14 to March 20, ending at midnight ET. No entries after this time will be accepted.
• To be entered in the competition, photos must be original and submitted to //www.twitter.com/PokerStarsWomen and include the hashtag #WSbirthday and your User ID. Or send to email@example.com, also including your User ID.
• While we will accept all photo entries, this competition is intended for women; therefore, the tickets awarded will be for women-only events. Gender will be verified by screen names.
• The competition is only open to people age 18 or older.
• Images of a sexual, racist, violent, or other offensive nature are prohibited from the competition. Any entrants submitting such a photo are held liable and are not supported by PokerStars or its partners.
• Images that exploit copyright law are prohibited, and entrants will be responsible for any ensuing legal action.
• The competition is run by PokerStars and not Twitter.
• All winners will be announced via Twitter or via email prior to March 23.
• Tournament and satellite tickets are non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash value.
• The decisions of PokerStars' judging committee are final.
Stay tuned for more information next week about how to join us for the Google Hangout. Birthdays are fun!
For more information on the Women's Sunday, visit this page.
Jennifer Newell is a PokerStars freelance contributor.