2014 Macau Millions: Svyatoslav leads Day 1C, Chieng double dips
Day 1C is over and 10 more players advance to Day 2.
Well, 9 more actually. Alex Chieng has become the first player to make it to Day 2 twice. For his performance, Chieng got a bonus HKD $11,000 payment. Chieng finished the day with 44,500 so he'll be entering Day 2 with his Day 1A stack of 93,000.
That's unless he makes it again in one of three remaining Day 1s.
While Chieng finished short, others finished large. Russia's Svyatoslav Dvornikov ended the day as the chip leader, bagging up 219,500.
This puts Dvornikov in 3rd overall, just behind Mikael Blomlie's 233,000 and way behind Tai Tan's 364,500.
Our second place finisher today is Jan Riha, with 209,000. Riha had a roller coaster of a bubble. He started as the chip leader, became the short stack and then shot back up.
Several players found themselves at risk during the bubble period but Youhong Liu was the player who finally finished in 11th.
The following players survived:
1. Dvornikov Svyatoslav (Russia) - 219,500
2. Jan Riha (Czech Republic) - 209,000
3. Fung Cheong Hong (Hong Kong) - 191,500
4. Yu Ronald Chun Long (Hong Kong) - 147,500
5. Xue Haifeng (Hong Kong) - 144,500
6. Wu Sam Pak Shing (Hong Kong) - 84,500
7. Mohammad Steven (Malaysia) - 59,000
8. Wong Ka Cheong (Hong Kong) - 53,500
9. Wu Chen Chin (Chinese Taipei) - 45,500
10. Chieng Alexandre (China) - 44,500
The majority of the 139 players who started the day didn't survive though. Some of those to face the chopping block today included Team PokerStars Pro Celina Lin, Jae Kyung "Simba" Sim, Iori Yogo and Lacey Jones.
They'll all have a chance at the Macau Millions again though as there are still three more Day 1s to go.
Not tomorrow though. The Macau Millions is taking a two-day break and action will resume on Wednesday, March 12 at 7.pm.
We'll see you then.