EPT9 Berlin: Micah Raskin wins Berlin Cup High Roller for €105,368
Micah Raskin last night won the Berlin Cup High Roller following a three-way chop with Najib Kamand and Ilkin Amirov which saw all three players collect €105,368.
Raskin came out on top for the trophy beating a tough final table which included Canadians Sorel Mizzi and Jason Lavallee. It's not the first time that Raskin has tangled with Lavallee at the final juncture. Earlier this season the two had made the last eight of the EPT Sanremo Main Event: Lavallee finished up second only to Ludovic Lacay for €538,039 while Raskin had been involved in a huge cooler which led to a 6th place bust out for €132,000.
It really has been a solid year for the American so far. He's clocked up close to half-a-million dollars in live cashes, including a $129,940 8th place finish in the $25,000 PCA High Roller. Raskin plays the EPT Berlin Main Event today. Will the rush continue?
EPT9 Berlin, Berlin Cup High Roller (event #8)
Date: 18-20 April 2013
Prize pool: €564,540
1. Micah Raskin, USA, €105,368
2. Najib Kamand, UK, €105,366
3. Ilkin Amirov, Azerbaijan, €105,366
4. Andrey Gulyy, Russia, €41,200
5. Jason Lavallee, Canada, €33,900
6. Sorel Mizzi, Canada, €26,600
7. Vasili Firsau, Belarus, €20,800
8. Dmitry Gromov, Russia, €15,000
9. Mateusz Moolhuizen, Netherlands, €11,900
10. Jannick Wrang, Denmark, €11,900
11. Ibrahim Ghassan, Lebanon, €10,750
12. Jean-Philippe Rohr, France, €10,750
13. Sergey Serafimov, Bulgaria, €9,600
14. Guy Goossens, Belgium, €9,600
15. Vishal Pundjabi, Germany, €8,450
16. Christian Nolte, Austria, €8,450
17. Olaf de Zeeuw, Netherlands, €7,300
18. Tobias Peters, Netherlands, €7,300
19. Konstantin Michael Karras, Germany, €7,300
20. Joseph Kuether, USA, €7,300
Rick Dacey is staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.