EPT9 Berlin: Ronny Voth eventually keeps a lead, wins €14,400 in turbo
Habitual chip leader Ronny Voth finally managed to hold onto a big stack to win a trophy here in Germany. Voth had held the chip lead in the Main Event and, after busting out in 50th in that for €15,000, then did the same in the €10,300 High Roller. That Day 1 chip lead didn't last either and he bust out in 10th for converted into a €30,300, but Voth has now got what's he's after here in Berlin: a nice shiny trophy.
Voth's win might have come in a smaller €330 buy-in but the €14,400 win boosts his EPT Berlin takings to €59,700, a touch more than 9th place in the Main Event paid out.
EPT9 Berlin, event #41
Date: 26 April 2013
Game: NLHE turbo bounty
Prize pool: €46,560
1. Ronny Voth, Germany, €14,400
2. Andrey Kravtsov, Russian Federation, €8,050
3. Jan-mikael Kesänen, Finland, €4,830
4. Gerhard Anders Wigand, Sweden, €3,500
5. Eduard Scharf, Germany, €2,750
6. Hans-Jurgen Karbowsky, Germany, €2,300
7. Petri Leino, Finland, €1,850
8. Dimitrios Ben Ari, Germany, €1,380
9. Robert Rudolf Rohr, Germany, €1,020
10. Korin Challa Baz, Greece, €1,020
11. Nadar Kakhmazov, Russian Federation, €920
12. Jonas Gutteck, Germany, €920
13. Daniel Fariad Kossmann, Germany, €830
14. Benjamin Spiehs, Austria, €830
15. Brahim Oubella, France, €740
16. Robert Saffran, Germany, €740
Rick Dacey is staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.