EPT9 Grand Final: German wunderkind Marvin Rettenmaier wins again
'Mad' Marvin Rettenmaier has won another EPT trophy following up from that €365,300 win in the EPT Prague High Roller last December. That result not only bagged the gregarious German a big bag of cash, but also pushed him over the finishing line in one of the Player of the Year races, just ahead of the prolific Dan Smith.
This result takes Rettenmaier over the $4m in live tournament winnings, good for 4th on the all-time money list behind Pius Heinz ($8,971,109), Tobias Reinkemeier ($5,941,896) and Philipp Gruissem ($4,848,947).
EPT9 Monaco, event #36
Date: 12 May, 2013
Game: NLHE turbo
Prize pool: €124,160
1. Marvin Rettenmaier, Germany, €43,400
2. Faisal Alfalasi, United Arab Emirates, €27,300
3. Emin Aghayev, Monaco, €16,100
4. Jeffery Tims, USA, €11,800
5. Evgeny Taranyuk, Russia, €8,700
6. Daniele Mazzia, Italy, €6,300
7. Siarhei Sharkota, Belarus, €5,600
8. Philippe Ktorza, France, €4,960
Click through to live coverage of the PokerStars and Monte-Carlo®Casino European Poker Tour Grand Final. Check out all the festival results and write-ups here. Follow the @PokerStarsBlog Twitter account to keep up-to-date with all the EPT action.
Rick Dacey is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.