EPT9 London: Nicolas 'NICCC' Chouity tops the turbo, chops with UKIPT champ Sergio Aido
EPT Grand Final winner Nicolas Chouity has pinned another EPT first place rosette to his poker portfolio after chopping a £1k turbo. He shared the largest share of spoils with Spaniard Sergio Aido who had just finished the penultimate day of play in the UKIPT Main Event.
Aido had obviously felt that he was playing well and/or running hot because he had registered late into the turbo, a very profitable decision as it would so happen. Aido followed that up with a UKIPT title for £144,555. He didn't last so long in the UKIPT Champion of Champions - just two hands in when he flopped a set against a straight.
Chouity is one of the first Lebanese players to make a big splash on the poker scene first winning the EPT Grand Final for €1,700,000 which was followed up with WCOOP wins, among others, that have boosted his PokerStars online wins up to $2,362,273. We've caught up with Chouity before. He's a player with ambition and talent so expect to keep seeing his name.
EPT9 London, event #E
Date: 9 March 2013
Game: NLHE turbo
Prize pool: £83,420
1. Nicolas Chouity, Lebanon, £21,630
2. Sergio Aido, Spain, £20,000
3. Antonis Poulengeris, UK, £10,950
4. Ghattas Kortas, Sweden, £7,500
5. Pawel Zawadowicz, Poland, £5,630
6. Peppino Finocchi, Italy, £4,070
7. Jose Vicente Besalduch Traigueros, Spain, £3,230
8. Mohamed Fayad, Lebanon, £2,500
9. Mikhail Chernyshov, Russian Federation, £2,080
10. Vitalijs Tarhanovs, Latvia, £2,080
11. Roberto Romanello, United Kingdom, £1,875
12. Ilkin Amirov, Azerbaijan, £1,875
Rick Dacey is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.