EPT9 London: Young guns impress as Joao Vieira binks £2k turbo for £42,100
Griffin 'Flush_Entity' Benger may have finally got round to winning a live poker tournament but he couldn't quite make it a quick double in the last event of EPT London. While Benger and Byron Kaverman (2nd in the UKIPT High Roller for £67,890) may be relative old hands on the poker circuit it was the young(er) guns that impressed with Sergio Aido, Adrian Mateos Diaz and Christopher Frank all collecting healthy scores.
Aido won the UKIPT Main Event for £144,555, cashed in the EPT Main Event and chopped another side event with Nicolas Chouity. Eighteen-year-old Mateos Diaz won Estrellas Madrid for €103,053 and Frank had earlier that day been contesting the EPT London Main Event final table at which he finished 6th for £112,000. All in all, not a bad festival for the kids.
EPT9 London, event #Q
Date: 16 March 2013
Game: NLHE Turbo
Prize pool: £120,280
1. Joao Vieira, Portugal, £42,100
2. Sergio Aido, Spain, £26,460
3. Adnan Chamaa, UK, £15,640
4. Adrian Mateos Diaz, Spain, £11,430
5. Christopher Frank, Germany, £8,420
6. Jonathan Bensadoun, France, £6,010
7. Griffin Benger, Canada, £5,410
8. Byron Kaverman, USA, £4,810
Rick Dacey is staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.