EPT11 Barcelona: High Rollers set for third long day at the felt
When we last checked in with the record breaking EPT11 Barcelona High Roller they were approaching the end of a long 11 level slog of a Day 2. 176 players had already been reduced to 31, Ismaeil Erkenov led the way with 45 minutes to go and tournament staff predicted that around 21 players would make it to the final day.
When play did wrap up, at around 1.45am local time, the tournament staff were proven to be bang on the money as 21 players bagged and tagged their chips. In pole position to win the first prize of €747,200 was Ami Barer. The Aussie Millions champion ended the day on 1,953,000 to lead a list of well-known players.
At the start of play he was just over a big blind ahead of long-time leader Erkenov (1,920,000) whilst Dmitry Yurasov (5th, EPT10 Vienna High Roller) was third with 1,900,000. Others with healthy stacks as Day 3 started at noon local time were: Day 1 chip-leader Stephen Chidwick (1,491,000), Ihar Soika (1,630,000) and Dario Sammartino (1,031.000).
There's still some Team PokerStars interest too as Marc-Andre Ladouceur (909,000) and Jason Mercier made it through to the final day. As did Juha Helppi (472,000), EPT Grand Final winner Nicolas Chouity (545,000) and Angel Guillen (269,000).
Bagged 888k in the €10k high roller event at #EPTBarcelona. 21 players left so I'm around avg stack. Playing to a winner tomorrow €747k= 1st— Jason Mercier (@JasonMercier) August 27, 2014
Day 3 Update:
The second level of the day is just coming to an end and already the field has been reduced to 15 players.
- The big stacks still have big stacks. Dmitry Yurasov is now leading with 3,140,000, Amir Barer (2,700,000), Stephen Chidwick (2,350,000) and Ihar Soika (1,755,000) are still all in the top four.
- Jason Mercier is up to 1,254,000 and currently sits in sixth place thanks to winning a classic race with pocket queens against Alexander Roumeliotis's A♠K♠.
- Team PokerStars Online's Marc-Andre Ladouceur is still in too, he's got a stack of 1,056,000 after doubling up with jacks against Ihar Soika's A♠K♣.
- The players who've busted so far today are: Angel Guillen (21st, €34,300), Vladimir Troyanovskiy (20th, €38,100), Nicolas Chouity (19th, €38,100), Yves Boschetti (18th, €38,100), Juha Helppi (17th, €42,000), Sergi Reixach Lloveras (16th, €42,000).
- The blinds in level 23, which has just started, are 15,000/30,000 ante 4,000. The average stack is 1,310,000.
Follow all the action from the tournament floor on the main EPT Barcelona page. There's hand-by-hand coverage in the panel at the top, including chip counts, and feature pieces below. Follow the action from the High Roller on the High Roller page. There's also EPT Live, which is streaming action from Day 5 of the Main Event.