Eureka3 Prague: Fantastic finale to Season 3 underway
Hello and welcome to Prague for the start of an 11 day poker party. It begins, as it did last year, with Eureka Prague a €1,100 no-limit Hold'em event and the final act in Season 3 of the Eureka Poker Tour. And this is no sideshow to the EPT, for initials are not the only things these two tours have in common.
Prague has oft seen record breaking numbers and it's going to be no different this time around. Last season Menikos Panagiotou defeated a field of 644 players to win the biggest ever Eureka Poker Tour event and €137,100. Before this tournament started there were already more players qualified and registered to play this years edition. We're expecting over a thousand to roll up over the two starting days.
Today, tomorrow and in the run up to the money expect roughly one post per hour focusing in on some key stories from the tournament as well as a snapshot of what's happening. When we get close the money I'll be switching to more traditional hand for hand coverage.
Key Eureka Prague facts
- 20,000 starting stack
- Blinds starting at 25/50 for 400 big blinds
- One hour levels, we'll play ten today with a dinner break after level six meaning play will end around midnight.
- Late registration is open until the end of level four.
- Two starting days, then Days 2, 3 and 4 will be a combined field to a Eureka champion (cue winner's photo, trophy swinging around, celebrations in the bar).
- There's still time to win your way to the event via two live satellites which start at 4pm and 9pm local time respectively. Full live tournament schedule here.
- There are currently over 300 players in their seats and action is underway
All photos are copyright of Tomas Stacha