Eureka5 Hamburg Main Event: Welcome to Day 1C
Once more, welcome back to the Spielbank Schenefeld Casino where the Eureka5 Hamburg Main Event resumes with the third of four starting flights after a two-day hiatus. The cap for today's field is a hard 200 and the day is close to being a sell out and most probably will be by the time registration closes at the end of level 6.
The first two flights attracted a combined 214 players and the top-5 counts from those days are:
1. Kadir Uzunoglu, Turkey - 253,100
2. Markus Wirt, Germany, PokerStars qualifier - 218,700
3. Imad Fakhro, Germany - 206,600
4. Nick Krasniqi, Germany - 168,000
5. Elias Piloti, Germany - 166,600
Notable players in today's field include ESPT4 Barcelona champ Sönke Jahn; Jamila Von Perger, Martin Mulsow, Peter Jelinek, EPT10 Grand Final 3rd-place finisher Malte Moennig; Eureka4 Vienna champ Zoltan Gal and EPT6 Snowfest champ Allan Bække.
The €2,200 High Roller Event tried to take place during the break from the Main Event. We say tried as it's still going on. Play was suspended at 3:30am CET with five players still in the hunt for the €43,210 top prize. The following players will be back at 4pm CET where they'll play down to a winner:
Tobias Peters - 838,000
Steven Abbey - 553,000
Fabian Petersen - 308,000
Ali Sameeian - 179,000
Timo Schneider - 147,000
Cards were in the air just after 1pm CET. Stay tuned to the blog for major talking points from the Main Event and a report from the concluding stages of the High Roller.
Eureka Hamburg Key Facts:
- Players begin with 25,000 chips (an increase from Season 4's 20,000)
- Blinds start at 25/50
- Twelve 45-minute levels make up Day 1C
- Day 1C is hoping to be a 200-player sell out