IPT Nova Gorica: Salvatore Bonavena beaten heads-up by Riccardo D'Antoni
Team PokerStars Pro Salvatore Bonavena almost won his second PokerStars Italian Poker Tour title last night. Bonavena was all-in heads-up for the chip lead with a dominating ace but was outdrawn on the turn by Riccardo D'Antoni who took the title and €155,000.
D'Antoni beat a field of 298 players at the Perla Casino to win his slice of the €578,120 prize pool when his four-bet shove with A♣T♠ managed to beat Bonavena's A♠K♣ with a paired 10 on the turn. That card sent Bonavena to the rail for €95,000 halting the Team Pro's attempt to win his second IPT title. Bonavena has now finished first, second, third and fourth in IPT Main Events over the last four seasons.
IPT Nova Gorica final table payouts
1. Riccardo D'antoni, Italy, €155,000
2. Salvatore Bonavena, Team PokerStars Pro, Italy, €95,000
3. Sebastiano Giudice, Italy, €55,000
4. Fausto Cheli, Italy, €42,000
5. Paolo Casaburi, Italy, €33,000
6. Massimiliano Bramati, Italy, €25,000
7. Michele Di Lauro, Italy, €18,000
8. Michele Limongi, Italy, €12,000
The next stop of the Italian Poker Tour will be in Campione 10-14 January 2013. Satellite qualifiers will start running soon on PokerStars.
Rick Dacey is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.