PCA 2013: Marcel Luske beats Moneymaker, Kihara and Kessler to HORSE trophy
If you stumbled into the PCA tournament room last night, possibly taking a wrong turn on your way to the Coral lobby bar or Nobu, then you would have happened across a great table where Marcel Luske, the flying Dutchman, was taking down the HORSE. Fellow Team PokerStars Pro Chris Moneymaker, the man who helped kick off the poker boom, finished fourth (busting out to Luske). Once Thomas Butzhammer had fallen by the wayside, heads-up began between old school Luske and online prodigy Naoya Kihara - a member of PokerStars Team Online, no less.
Luske's experience proved too much for WSOP bracelet winner Kihara and that win takes the Dutchman's lifetime live winnings up to $4,085,321, and gets him a lovely shiny HORSE trophy.
Want to know what the constituent games of HORSE are? Click through to this page here.
PCA 2013 event #16
Date: 9 January
Prize pool: $51,410
1. Marcel Luske, Netherlands, Team PokerStars Pro, $18,500
2. Naoya Kihara, Japan, PokerStars Team Online $11,830
3. Thomas Butzhammer, Germany, $7,200
4. Chris Moneymaker, United States, Team PokerStars Pro, $5,140
5. Allen Kessler, United States, $3,600
6. Michael Forster, Germany, $2,820
7. Kenneth Chih-Hung, United States, $2,320
Rick Dacey is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.