PCA 2013: Vladimir Zakharau beats Cheong and Baker to the cheese in the $5k PLO turbo
Now then, you can point to the $100,000 Super High Roller as a first class example of shot taking and spin-uppery but surely that's topped by the $5,000 PLO turbo. Less time, more cards and greater swings. It. Is. Great.
As one of the earlier events of the PCA 2013, a 38-man turnout was solid creating a $184,300 prize pool of which $68,200 was reserved for the winner. That spot was taken by Belarusian Uladzimir Zakharau who claimed a maiden live cash beating out the likes of Jospeh Cheong, David Baker and Leif Force. Both Force and Cheong have had their biggest scores in the WSOP Main Event; Force was 11th in 2006 for $1,154,527 while Cheong finished third in 2010 for $4,130,049.
PCA 2013 event #9
Date: 8 January
Game: PLO turbo
Prize pool: $184,300
1. Vladimir Zakharau, Belarus, $68,200
2. Moises Mussali Birch, Mexico, $44,220
3. Joseph Cheong, United States, $25,800
4. David Baker, United States, $18,440
5. Joshua Marvin, United States, $14,740
6. Leif Force, United States, $12,900
Rick Dacey is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.