PCA 2013: Walter Oaquim wins the $2k turbo bounty, Victor Ramdin comes in second
Brazilian Walter Oaquim scored a career best $32,480 win in the $2,150 turbo bounty beating Team PokerStars Pro Victor Ramdin heads-up. Among those in the money were Scott Baumstein (12th, $2,480), Pierre Neuville (9th, $2,740) and Steven Tripp (4th, $9,340), all of whom have cashed in other events. Tripp won another turbo a few days ago for $79,960 pushing his cashes up towards the six-figure mark for the festival.
Ankush 'pistons87' Mandavia finished third adding to his EPT Prague side event success at the end of last year where he won €19,600 taking the heads-up title.
PCA 2013 event #37
Date: 13 January
Buy-in: $2,150 (including $1,000 bounty)
Game: NLHE turbo bounty
Prize pool: $109,980
1. Walter Oaquim, Brazil, $32,480
2. Victor Ramdin, USA, Team PokerStars Pro, $25,000
3. Ankush Mandavia, USA, $12,100
4. Steven Tripp, Canada, $9,340
5. Viliyan Petleshkov, Bulgaria, $7,420
6. Joao Ribeiro, Portugal, $5,500
7. Paul Newey, UK, $4,400
8. David Longmate, UK, $3,300
9. Pierre Neuville, Belgium, $2,740
10. Matias Federico Gabrenja, Mexico, $2,740
11. Tomasz Panek, Poland, $2,480
12. Scott Baumstein, USA, $2,480
Jump through to the PCA Main Event coverage, the $25,000 High Roller or take a look at how Scott Seiver won the $100,000 Super High Roller. Catch up with side event results, news and views by clicking here. Follow the @PokerStarsBlog Twitter account to keep up-to-date with all the PCA action.
Rick Dacey is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.