Sandro Simon wins Macau Poker Cup event 4
Germany's Sandro Simon won event no. 4 as he beat the HKD $4,000 buy-in event's record 212-player field and was awarded the HKD $179,500 first prize.
Wednesday's action brought back 25 players who made the money and Day 2 would determine each player's share of the HKD $747,936 prize pool. 2011 Asia Player of the Year Shaq Lin was amongst the hopefuls but he was the first to fall as he exited in 25th place.
Japan's Yosuke Sekiya made his second final table in as many days but was knocked out in third place by Taiwanese Shao Hung Lee to set-up heads-up play against Simon. In the final hand, both players got their chips in for a classic coin flip, with Lee's A-T against Simon's pocket sixes. Lee missed the board, handing the title to the 25-year-old German.
"I guess I will use my winnings to play more poker, no doubt!" said the online poker pro. "I love to travel around, especially Asia. I was at APPT Manila and met a few friends. This is my first time in Macau. I won my seat to the main event and hope to do well."
Event 4: $4,000 NLH - Final Table Results
1. Sandro Simon (Germany) -- $179,500
2. Shao Hung Lee (Chinese Taipei) -- $123,400
3. Yosuke Sekiya (Japan) -- $74,800
4. Yu Cheng Rong (China) -- $56,100
5. Kunal Chandra (India) -- $44,900
6. Takanori Sugimoto (Japan) -- $37,400
7. Hirotoshi Nakabo (Japan) -- $29,900
8. King-chung Wang (Chinese Taipei) -- $22,400
9. Roel Pijpers (Netherlands) -- $18,700
10. Mitsuyo Sano (Japan) -- $15,036