PokerStars LIVE Macau announces 2014 special events
Today, PokerStars LIVE Macau announced the special event dates for 2014 which qualify for next season's Asia Player of the Year (APOY) race.
As previously announced, the new year will kick off with MPC20 -- the 20th running of the Macau Poker Cup -- from January 10-21. In celebration of the milestone, the legendary Red Dragon HK $11,000 buy-in Main Event has been given a massive HK $8 million (US $1 million) guarantee.
The Asia Player of the Year (APOY) season concludes with the 3rd annual Asia Championship of Poker, which takes place from October 24 - November 9. This year, the ACOP drew a total of 2,235 players and awarded more than HK $49 million (USD $6.3m) in prize money.
Schedules and additional special events are expected to be released in early 2014.
Online satellites are running now to MPC20
Season 8 of the Asia Pacific Poker Tour (APPT) will make its Macau stop from May 14-25.
The APPT umbrella now includes PokerStars LIVE Macau special events and ANZPT events which can be viewed at www.appt.com.
Macau Millions Returns
After a 2-year hiatus, the Macau Millions returns from March 7-16. The last Macau Millions took place in 2011 and set a record in Asia with 1,329 entries. That player field record still stands today but is expected to be broken next March. Further details to be released soon.
• January 10-21: MPC20 -- HK $11,000 Red Dragon Main Event (HK $8m Guarantee)
• February 20-23: ACOP Platinum Series III -- HK $5,500 Main Event
• March 7-16: Macau Millions -- HK $2,200 Main Event
• April 24-27: ACOP Platinum Series IV -- HK $5,500 Main Event
• May 14-25: APPT Macau -- HK $25,000 Main Event
• August 1-13: Macau Poker Cup -- HK $11,000 Red Dragon Main Event
• October 24 - November 9: Asia Championship of Poker -- HK $100,000 Main Event
All tournaments are subject to regulatory approval