WSOP Main Event: Heads-up in the second hour
The last hour of heads-up play did not contain any huge, huge pots. That said, at the end of the second hour of play, Darvin Moon held the chip lead.
They started play with blinds of 600,000/1.2 million and a 200,000 ante.
Here is a hand-by-hand account of the past hour.
* Darvin Moon raised to 3.1 million, and Joe Cada called. The flop came down Q♣2♥6♠. Cada checked, Moon bet 5 million and Cada folded.
* Cada raised to 3.1 million and Moon called. They saw a flop of T♦8♥5♠. Both players checked to the 7♣ turn. Moon led at it for 5 million and Cada folded.
* Moon rasied to 3.1 million and Cada folded.
* Cada rasied to 3 million. Moon re-raised another 5 million and Cada called. The flop fell K♣7♠6♥. Moon bet 5 million and got a call. The turn came 3♠. Moon moved all-in without blinking and Cada folded.
* We missed the action here, but it was irrelevant. Cada's jack-high beat Moon's ten-high for a small pot.
* Cada raised to 2.5 million and got the call. The two men saw a flop of 7♦8♠5♥. Moon bet 3 million and Cada folded.
* Chip counts at this point
* Cada made it 3 million, Moon called, and they saw a flop of T♣9♣7♠. Both players the 8♣ turn and K♣ river. Moon held jack-nine and it was good.
* Moon made it 3 million and Cada folded.
* Cada bumped it up 2.5 million and Moon called. Flop 8♠Q♣4♥ Both players checked to the 3♥ turn. Moon checked and saw Cada bet 3 million. That was enough to make Moon fold.
* Cada raised to 3 million, Moon re-raised to 8 million. Cada thought for 1,2,3 seconds before mucking.
* Moon raised to 3 million and took down the pot
* Cada raised to 3 million and Moon folded
* Moon raised to 3 million and Cada pushed out 10.2 million. Moon grabbed for a few stacks and bumped it up to 25 million. Cada went deep into the tank. Finally, with a rueful smile, he folded. Moon assured him after the fold, that he was willing to go all-in.
*New chip count:
* Cada rasied to 3 million and Moon barely hesitated before making it 8 million. Score another one for Moon.
* Cada picked up 7 million off Moon.
* Cada raised to 3 million and Moon called. The flop J♣3♦9♦. Cada checked to Moon who bet 6 million and took it down.
* Cada raised and took it down.
* The players took a break with these chip counts.
* Moon raised and picked up the pot.
* Cada came in for a raise, Moon called 8♦4♦A♠. Moon led at the pot for 6 million and Cada called. The turn was the 7♦. That drew an 8.5 million bet from Moon. Cada quickly called. The river, J♥, forced Moon to check. Moon held an eight in his hand, good for one pair, and the win.
* Moon raised to 3 million and Cada called. On the flop of A♥4♠9♣. Cada checked and Moon checked to see the 9♥. Cada bet 4 million. Moon raised to 12 million and got a quick fold from Cada.
* Chip counts: