Dermot Blain is one of the players that you often see in the top half of the chip counts of EPT Main Events but he’s yet to crack a final table with 15th at EPT Sanremo his deepest run. Blain did, however, win an APPT event for $541,000 so it should come as little surprise to see him take down a side event here in Prague. Blain, pictured with former EPT Omaha player of the year runner-up John O’Shea, powered through to take the trophy in the 4/5 Dealer’s choice for €17,100.
Event #15, 12 December
Game: PLO dealer’s choice 4/5 cards
Prize pool: €47,530
1. Dermot Blain, Ireland, €17,100
2. Natalia Nikitina, Russia, €10,900
3. Rodrigo Caprioli, Brazil, €6,600
4. Asian Daurov, Russia, €4,750
5. Pasi Heinanen, Finland, €3,380
6. Sampo Ryynanen, Finland, €2,660
7. Jacek Ladny, Poland, €2,140
Rick Dacey is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.