Former editor of French Elle magazine wins €38,000 as he closes on a million lifetime winnings
Michel Abecassis is enjoying a very successful second career at the tables following a life in journalism (he was Chief Editor of French women’s magazine Elle, no less). The former Bridge champion picked up poker in the late nineties and has since been a regular face on the European Poker Tour. Six cashes and one final table – sixth at EPT Vilamoura the year Antonio Matias beat Pierre Neuville heads-up, and Jeff Sarwer came third – have helped to contribute to $851,410 in live cashes. You can now add €38,300 to that. The big million-dollar mark is coming in fast.
This win is the fourth largest cash of Abecassis poker career.
Event #14, 12-13 December
Prize pool: €148,410
1. Michel Abecassis, France, €38,300*
2. Arthur Zmarzly, Poland, €34,000*
3. Revaz Gujabidze, Georgia, €15,500
4. Miljan Miljanic, Malta, €11,100
5. Liutauras Armanavicius, Lithuania, €9,100
6. Oleg Shamardin, Russia, €7,400
7. Cornelius Foley, Ireland, €5,900
8. Farid Chati, Turkey, €4,450
9. Nadir Yusupov, Russia, €3,300
10. Raphael Dubost, France, €3,300
11. Vitaly Veltmander, Russia, €2,970
12. Andrey Lobzhanidze, Russa, €2,970
13. Daniel Cascado Silveira, UK, €2,670
14. Konstantin Loktev, Russia, €2,670
15. Mikhail Surin, Russia, €2,390
16. Jordan Mitev, Bulgaria, €2,390
*Denotes a heads-up deal was made
Click through to see all side event results, live reporting, news and interviews of the main event here and coverage of the €10k High Roller right here. Follow the @PokerStarsBlog Twitter account to keep up to date wherever you are.
Rick Dacey is a staff writer for the PokerStars Blog.