This was our first time at Gardens Casino in Hawaiian Gardens, a Los Angeles suburb. Color us impressed with the neighborhood, the Mexican food, and the casino. Tournament director Cavin Quintinilla knows how to throw a party (did you ever see a tournament director put a banana split bounty on a late-registering regular?); he and all his staff made us and all the players right at home for our one-day event there.
Here’s the three-minute summary; we hope it will persuade you to come to the next Moneymaker Tour stop and/or visit our new friends at the Gardens Casino.
Oh – what’s the next stop? So glad you asked…
- New Jersey online, Sunday September 30th. Open to anybody physically within the state of New Jersey at the time. That is, you don’t have to be a New Jersey resident. As the mathematicians would say, “Being physically within New Jersey is necessary and sufficient.”
- Mohegan Sun Casino, Uncasville, CT. October 4-7th. Three qualifying days (4th, 5th, 6th) and Day 2 finale on Sunday the 7th.
- Live! Casino, Hanover, Maryland (ten minutes from the BWI Airport). October 10-14th. Four qualifying days (October 10-13) and Day 2 finale on Sunday the 14th.
- Run It Up Reno, Peppermill Casino, Reno, NV. Tuesday, October 23rd . But it’s part of the whole Run It Up Reno party, which you really don’t want to miss. Especially if you like turkey burgers.
- Talking Stick Resort, Scottsdale, AZ. October 31 – November 2. Talking Stick has recovered from the flood-related damage that they incurred last month and we’re excited to have a southwestern stop on the Tour. Qualifying days on October 31st and November 1st, with the Day 2 finale on Friday, November 2nd.
Chris and Joe: even more fun than Thing 1 and Thing 2